What is the best way to receive stock alerts to your cell phone?

Discussion in 'Options' started by l3randonf, Aug 3, 2010.

1. I want to be able to place a credit spread trade in the market somewhere and then be alerted automatically to my cell phone if the stock reaches a certain level.

For example, if I held a 500-510 call credit spread, I would want to be alerted when the underlying reached 495 or higher. I use
    Trade Monster and noticed that I can have an email sent to me. However, I receive emails all the time throughout the day for various things.

I would like it to be sent to my phone as a text message so I can enter in a custom tone for the message so I know what the message pertains to.

Are there any reliable, free services out there like this that you would recommend? I have seen some using a Google search, but I was hoping someone here had experience.

2. Verizon has a feature that let you send an email that turns into message into your cell phone. e.g. phone # is 202 858 2222.
    You can set up email to 202858222@vtext.com which becomes message to your cell phone.:D

3. slacker

slacker

4. ok thanks for the reply.

also, what do you think is the best smart phone for trading on the go? I use Trade Monster which runs a flash website so with the iphone I can't use the website. I can use their trade monster app but it is not nearly as functional.

5. JeffUSA

JeffUSA

I used to use Yahoo to send stock alerts to my cell phone. I know some stock brokers have this feature in their software.