What is the Best Way to Lose 20 pounds and keep it off...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by jem, Nov 25, 2017.

1. luisHK

luisHK

Where do you get this info from ?
    1 gallon/4 liters a day don't sound much, fwiw I've been drinking (significantly) more than that for years, without forcing, I just always seem thirstier than the next person.

#51     Dec 5, 2017
  2. schweiz

schweiz

Don't discuss with Visaria, he seems to be the expert who knows everything. Doctors are idiots, the real experts you can find on ET. Not only experts in trading.

All depends of what kind of diet you follow. If you follow a ketogenic diet and don't drink enough you can have severe problems with kidneys and some organs can even stop working. Never do a diet without doctors surveillance.
    There is no 1 rule covering everything. But like always on ET something is black or white. Grey does not exist. For that in general people need a higher education.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    #52     Dec 5, 2017
  3. Visaria

Visaria

This is good advice. I would suggest fizzy water instead of still.

#53     Dec 5, 2017
  4. Visaria

Visaria

If u r feel like drinking because you are thirsty, this is ok. Your body is v good at regulating water intake via thirst. It will make you feel thirsty if you lack water. Go with it. Two exceptions are if you are elderly or exercising in a very cold environment. For some reason the thirst mechanism is affected, so you should drink a bit more than what your thirst suggests.

If you drink water to excess, you risk hyponatremia:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hyponatremia/symptoms-causes/syc-20373711

• Drinking too much water. Because you lose sodium through sweat, drinking too much water during endurance activities, such as marathons and triathlons, can dilute the sodium content of your blood. Drinking too much water at other times can also cause low sodium

Drinking 4 litres when it is not needed can make you seriously ill and can be fatal if taken in a short period of time. For schweital to recommend that the OP drinks 4 litres is irresponsible and stems from his ignorance.

#54     Dec 5, 2017
  5. Visaria

Visaria

I would suggest YOU obtain a higher education before offering irresponsible advice. Stupid advice on this health section forum, if taken, can kill. Stupid trading advice on the rest of the forum (like shorting one of the biggest bull markets in history lol) might be bad for your retirement account but probably will not kill you (well i suppose u might commit suicide!)

#55     Dec 5, 2017
  6. schweiz

schweiz

I posted earlier in this thread a link: http://www.pronokalgroup.com/en/pronokal-group/about-us/
    This program is developped by doctors and for as far as I know one of the only programs where you can enter only thru introduction of a doctor. Products are not freely available. A doctor will monitor you from start till finish. Every 2 weeks checkup with blood analysis, scan of heart, bloodpressure, analysis of urine...

What I post comes from that program. But you are apparently smarter than these doctors.

"450,000 patients treated and 4,000 prescribing doctors who trust in the rigour and effectiveness of our methods. These figures make PronoKal GroupĀ® the top company in our sector."

About your 4 liter water limit. A lot of factors have an influence on the amount of water you an drink:

• weight of the person
    • time period during which consuming the water
    • drugs user or not
    • activity (how much energy do you burn)
    These are just a few factors, but none of them is posted here on ET. Giving incomplete information can be deathly too. So all the postings on this thread are dangerous.

On average 6 liters a day is dangerous. Certain groups can go over 4 liter a day without any problem. Others can even not take 4 liters (drug users). I never posted anything about the water consumption till this posting so I wonder what part of my advice is deathly?

#56     Dec 5, 2017
  7. schweiz

schweiz

Show me where I wrote this. You just confirmed that you should go to school again. Start with basics of reading and understanding.

#57     Dec 5, 2017
  8. Visaria

Visaria

Apologies, it was not you, but cartmm who wrote that.

#58     Dec 5, 2017
  9. Visaria

Visaria

Nevertheless, this is a bad idea. Doing this for a period of time, at say less than 1000 calories a day for a dude, the body will think there is a famine going on and dump metabolically expensive muscle and retain fat.

#59     Dec 5, 2017
  10. cartmm

cartmm

I would be interested to hear why you think 4 litres is too much, if you care to share? On my gym days I tend to think its slightly on the low side, because of how much I tend to sweat out and my urine colour. On the other days I think its fair goal, for me, a moderately active male.

Or what you think is awful/dangerous? I tried to prefix my post by saying what works for me, but maybe I should have been clearer. I find the trial & error quite interesting so always happy to hear suggestions and what's been working well for others.

#60     Dec 5, 2017