What is the Best Way to Lose 20 pounds and keep it off...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by jem, Nov 25, 2017.

1. schweiz

schweiz

You mean in hospital after you caught a tropical disease? :D

#21     Nov 26, 2017
  2. #22     Nov 26, 2017
  3. schweiz

schweiz

#23     Nov 26, 2017
  4. 40 pounds, 210--->170 in 9 months. I'm 6 feet. I weigh 240 now, with lumberjack build, (55 acres of land in USA), 2713 acres up north in Canada.

#24     Nov 26, 2017
  5. jem

jem

this I know... from experience.

#25     Nov 26, 2017
  6. jem

jem

thanks for all the great answers.
    I am going to review them all again tomorrow and resolve to follow at least some of them.
    right now I am going to eat a pizza... just kidding.

#26     Nov 26, 2017
  7. schweiz

schweiz

A friend of mine is 5 feet 7 and went from 321 pounds to 189 in less than 3 months. Now, more than 1 year later, still at 189 pounds. Program can only be followed under doctors surveillance as it is very aggressive at the start (ketonic). You lose about 80% of the target loss in weeks. After that you start to build up a new way of eating and sporting.

#27     Nov 26, 2017
  8. Not enough info. All pounds are not weighted equally. Are you 50 lbs. over your ideal weight and would like to lose 20, or are you 20 lbs. over your ideal weight and want to hit your ideal target? Is it the weight, or is it inches you really want to lose?
    All that said, cut out as much sugar as possible, eliminate all fast food, drink more water than you're accustomed to, cut your cardio time in half and replace that time with weight training, with weight first and cardio immediately after. And don't fool yourself into "cheat days" while trying to lose the weight. You can screw up an entire week with one bad day of eating. Cheat days are only for people who have hit their target weight.

#28     Nov 26, 2017
    spindr0 and Spectre2007 like this.
  9. Good on you, as long as you are satisfied with the results.
    I decided a few months ago to try intermittent fasting. I was a little overweight, but not something to worry about. I had tried the regular calorie restriction diet but that didn’t do the trick for me. The IF made me lose 0.5 kg per week, for about 15 weeks in a row. Then it stopped working but my weight remains stable, no rebound. I’m happy that I’ve tried IF.

#29     Nov 26, 2017
  10. jem

jem

I just did some research. I am going to try intermittent fasting.
    I will keep my eating in shortened time frames.
    I like breakfast but my wife wants everyone to sit down at dinner. Being that my kids have after school sports we tend to not eat dinner til 8 pm.

So I have had very wide eating times.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    #30     Nov 28, 2017