What is the Best Way to Lose 20 pounds and keep it off...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by jem, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Exactly! Don't knock fasting till you try it. You will feel improved energy and you will be much sharper after getting used to it. When I first started doing this, I felt the fog lift. It's the only way I can explain it.

#161     Mar 26, 2018
  2. TJustice

TJustice

I did not know you posted this.. but I came here to post something similar.
    This works like crazy.. Easiest thing I ever did after the first few days. Plus I feel great being off the bad carbs.

I lost 40 pounds in 90 days and I am lean right now. But I want a bit more.

Frankly I am stunned at at how easy it was. Some People are telling me to gain weight.

I did not eat til noon. ( I am not a big believer in intermittent fasting.)

My working out did not change... lifting and hiking or running everyday.
    I tried high intensity but it took me days to recover when I was in ketosis.

for about a month I was doing full keto but now I am eating any fruit or vegetable I see.

I can tell people this for sure...
    When you are overweight because of bad carbs... for years.
    Its not calories in vs calories out.

I became fat adapted... and there is no doubt I was using my own fat for energy.

#162     Apr 5, 2019
  3. TJustice

TJustice

That was should have said now I am a big believer in intermittent fasting.
    You don't want to spike insulin by eating if you are trying to lose weight and you have been a carb addict.

#163     Apr 6, 2019
  4. LacesOut

LacesOut

A few positive results from my 6 day per week intermittent fasting.
    Though my weight has remained the same (within a few pounds up and down), I LOOK better. I tried on some pants and I slid into a size 40. That almost never happens. People who I haven’t seen for months are telling me I’ve lost weight.

I’m blasting it at the gym hard.
    3-4 days of intense circuit training classes mixed with 1 day yoga, 1 day weights, 1 day spin class.

I know what my problem is - simply eating too much in my food window.
    Like yesterday - broke my fast at 2 after workout. Had a kale salad with 10oz chicken breast.
    Then for dinner I ate boneless skinless chicken thighs (at least 8 of them), 2 big scoops of mashed potatoes, a big handful of green beans, 10 slices of Camembert with crackers, 2 small Halloween bags of chips, 15 grapes, like fucking STOP!!!!!

I’m considering changing my IF to be morning and lunch feeding only. Skip dinner. An older friend of mine did this and he replaced his dinner with a 7 mile walk. Lost 60lbs in a year. Amazing.

#164     Apr 6, 2019
    TJustice likes this.
  5. @LacesOut intermittent fasting is not the "holy grail". It only works if it helps you to create a caloric deficit. If it leads to eating more during the eating window, as you show in your example, then it will not be helpful in reducing body fat.

#165     Apr 6, 2019
    LacesOut likes this.
  6. It does work great, I just lately have the slef control of puppy in front of food haha. Trying to get back into it...Last year I was playing soccer and basketball while in modified keto and after the first 2-3 weeks my energy was off the charts. Working to get back there again...

#166     Apr 7, 2019
  7. TJustice

TJustice

yesterday on drudge report there was a link to a study of 9 - 20 years who were doing keto with one cheat day.

they said the results showed it to be damaging to their blood vessels.

DeLauer on youtube said go keto and then when you down energy for a few days eat some complex carbs and then return to keto.

Dr. Berg on youtube said when you are in keto you don't get hunger. I found that to be true. When I have hunger or even desire for food I know I was eating too many carbs the day before or I had too much coffee in the morning.

#167     Apr 8, 2019
  8. RRY16

RRY16

You and Max should start a Booz rehab-weight reduction-anger management camp, sit around and bust balls on libtatards and find serenity one TDS at a time.

#168     Apr 9, 2019
  9. RRY16

RRY16

Why are all the angriest the most over weight on this site?

#169     Apr 9, 2019
  10. LacesOut

LacesOut

We aren’t angry.
    We are smart and well fed.
    And intolerant of fools.

#170     Apr 9, 2019