What is the best way to deal with suicide bombers?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Mar 30, 2003.

1. TBA

TBA

ROFL

As if the Israelis succeeded in stopping them. This is surely the joke of the century !! Do you guys follow the news at all ??? Did you hear about Natanya at all ? How many Israelis were bombed since Sharon took over ? funny

#21     Mar 31, 2003
  2. skeptic123

skeptic123 Guest

You are a joke yourself if you believe that unless it is an absolute 100% success then it is a failure. If they thwart 90-95% of suicide attempts - they are hugely successful.

Even in yesterday's Natanya explosion the bomber's plan was ruined. He did manage to detonate but prematurely and not where he originally wanted. Instead of 60 people killed, the result was 30 wounded. It is still a success.

And finally Israel was bombed significantly less after Sharon took over and took off his gloves then before, so his methods do work.

#22     Mar 31, 2003
  3. noprophet

noprophet

I think RS7 is on the right track. When a family is rewarded with money by the terrorist state for someone being a suicide bomber, they should also start worrying about being rewarded by us with a missile in their house.

#23     Mar 31, 2003
  4. Suggest you read the post again, Sherlock. I said minimize the threat, not eliminate it.

#24     Mar 31, 2003
  5. Free, you are still unclear. Do you mean wipe out Iraqi civilians or solely Iraqi military?

Wiping out civilians is not only wrong for obvious reasons but would play directly into Saddam's hands and the hands of all our enemies who are lusting for a Mai Lai-type massacre. It would be a P.R. coup for them with enormous negative ramifications for the US, tactically and politically. :confused:

#25     Mar 31, 2003
  6. Ninja

Ninja

Do you mean the war against terrorism or the war against Iraq?

#26     Mar 31, 2003
  7. I get the distinct impression that you are shocked about my suggested way of solving the problem of suicide bombers.
    However Hapaboy, keep in mind that suicide bombers kill innocent people.

Now given the choice between OUR innocent people and THEIR innocent people I don't think it would be difficult to make a sensible choice.

It is about time that a country, a government, accepts responsibility for what the population gets up to.

Whether there are more suicide bombings coming up in Iraq who knows.

As the original thread was talking about suicide bombers in general I am (perhaps wrongly) thinking especially about the suicide bombings which were carried out by the Palestinians.
    (and the Saudies).

If it is a single one then one could look upon it as a horrendous crime.

If however it is a series then I cannot see anything wrong with holding the population as a whole responsible.

"They' HAVE to get their own house in order.

If anyone religious thinks that I am too harsh let me gently remind you about Eve's transgression (you know of course that I am talking about she of the couple Adam and Eve) and as a consequence of which the whole world was cursed and punished :D :D

The one and only possible concession I am prepared to make is in Iraq where I understand that people are being put under severe pressure (of threats to harm their family) in order to get the
    person to carry out atrocities (like a suicide bombing).

Under those circumstances my suggested method of how to handle them may possibly be too harsh compared with how to handle the Palestinian and Saudie volunteers (and their population).

freealways

#27     Mar 31, 2003
  8. rs7

rs7

True, and we have been suffering the insufferable just by being exposed to his posts.

We ourselves are internet casualties.

It is 4:40 am. I should be sleeping. Wild's posts have caused me to suffer from AIPS* and one of the side effects is disrupted sleep patterns.

RS7

*Annoying Internet Post Syndrome

#28     Mar 31, 2003

9. Try the patently obvious (and right) thing: get the fuck out of their country.

And quit using the "terrrorism" slogan -- blowing yourself up fighting an invading military force isn't terrorism. Duh.

#29     Mar 31, 2003
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

Since this is not an option,, I would use the shoot first ask questions later ( at anyone running or driving a vehicle that has not stopped when ordered to stop ). I would ( even if court marshalled after the war) make anyone near me that is not a soldier in my army strip naked and face down on the ground. I would much rather make an IRAQI woman undress agaisnt her will then have any of my fellow soldiers killed ( If they dont understand then shoot them in the head )...period..this is WAR..

#30     Mar 31, 2003