What is the best way to deal with suicide bombers?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Mar 30, 2003.

1. msfe

msfe

good 1 - bwaaahahaha

#11     Mar 30, 2003
  2. Not sure I understand you here. Wipe all of who out? You're not suggesting Iraqi civilians are you? And if you mean to restrict it to the military, that would backfire in the sense that soldiers who want to surrender would now indeed fight for their very survival. Besides, the suicide bombers may be Hamas or Fatah, not necessarily Iraqis.

#12     Mar 30, 2003
  3. lundy

lundy

when someone or a group of people approach, they must strip naked and walk across a 200 yard stretch. Then all their clothes and belongings are destroyed from a distance.

Anyone who approaches without doing the above gets treated as an enemy.

Then we provide them with new clothes and uhhh... belongings.

#13     Mar 30, 2003
  4. uhhh.....sure. :D

#14     Mar 30, 2003
  5. Babak

Babak

I would have to concur, but only if they happen to be cute girls. :p

#15     Mar 30, 2003
  6. Hapaboy, said : "Not sure I understand you here. Wipe all of who out? You're not suggesting Iraqi civilians are you? And if you mean to restrict it to the military, that would backfire in the sense that soldiers who want to surrender would now indeed fight for their very survival. "

Yes that is right. One only has to do that once and the whole world will know they cannot f... around with Americans.

It is clear that EACH country must accept responsibility for their people's actions.

So if there is one more suicide attack and the US were to retaliate in the suggested manner how many more suicide attacks do you think there will be (there or anywhere else in the world) ?

As you may notice I am now more gung-ho than Candletwit if that is possible (but without the abuse).

(Now I don't need a smart alick to say that my suggestion is abuse enough as it is. )

freealways

#16     Mar 30, 2003
  7. Dragn

Dragn

No solution.......:(

Dragn

#17     Mar 30, 2003
  8. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

lol.

#18     Mar 31, 2003
  9. rs7

rs7

Of course there is a solution. Just because we haven't found one that works, doesn't mean it isn't there.

How about this? (not saying I advocate it....just an example of what could or might work).

Suicide bombers have their families financially compensated by terrorist groups and apparently now by terrorist states.

Make the families legal coconspirators. A suicide bomber does his act, his family goes to prison. Perhaps that would slow them down.

Or capture an unsuccessful suicide bomber, and sentence him (or her) to detonate themselves in a safe place. (Not for them). Thus heightening the "risk" if not successful (which many are not). Having them do it in front of their families might add a nice touch.

Or capture those who attempt to be suicide bombers, and send them to New Jersey and tell them this is really Paradise....go find 72 virgins. Then send 'em back to tell their pals.

Or lock them in a room with Wild for a month. Really send them a message.

Somehow, a real solution will come to be realized. Of course, nothing can ever be 100%. A President can still be assassinated, despite the highest degree of security so far possible. But the heightened efforts have certainly cut down the attempts since Reagan was shot. Down to zero so far. and hopefully forever.

#19     Mar 31, 2003
  10. Locking them in a room with Wild for any length of time is considered cruel and unusual punishment, and is a direct violation of the Geneva Convention.

#20     Mar 31, 2003