What is the best way to consume Turmeric?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Oct 24, 2011.

1. It comes in a pill. I take one every night at supper time. Be well and keep up the good posts.

#11     Oct 25, 2011
  2. Mix it into something sweet like melted chocolate. I think you need something sweet to overcome the turmeric taste.

#12     Oct 25, 2011
  3. Mix a tablespoon of turmeric powder in a glass of milk and drink it every morning.

#13     Oct 26, 2011
  4. ammo

ammo

5. GTG

GTG

I put it in my scrambled eggs in the morning. It doesn't change the taste and it makes them a more appealing bright yellow color.

#15     Oct 26, 2011
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yeap, the easiest way to take it. By the way it is a very strong coloring material, so if you take it in powder form, don't ever get it on your clothes.

The pill is dirt cheap, about $6 for a month or so...

You can also get curcumin (the active ingredients of turmeric) in pill form, a bit costs more....

$5 720 mg 100 pills

[​IMG]

$23 650 mg 120 caps

[​IMG]

If you have constipation it helps with that too. I took it for its painkiller effect, but lose stools color pools... :)

#16     Oct 26, 2011
  7. iprph90

iprph90

A little advice about popping pills related to natural supplements:

1. The natural supplement industry is not regulated by the FDA. You should only buy from reputable manufacturers that follow GMP/USP standards.

2. Check the ingredients. Make sure the product is standardized to active marker, otherwise you may get something like 5% turmeric and 95% fillers ie. corn starch, mag. stearate and who knows what else.

3. Generally, I would steer away from the pill form of anything you can eat in your diet. Numerous studies are shedding light on the fact that pill formulations of various natural remedies are not effective and possibly unsafe.

#17     Oct 26, 2011
  8. #18     Oct 26, 2011
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Or better yet, use a reputable maker, read the reviews on Amazon, and try it for yourself. If it works, it works. (not with cancer, but as a painkiller, for better skin or against constipation.) It is also a blood thinner (Anti-platelet properties)

By the way an alternative is to make your own pill. You can buy turmeric from the an Indian grocery store and you can fill your own caps. It is messy, but at least you know what you are getting....

Some reviews and comparisons of different manufacturers:

http://www.amazon.com/Turmeric-720-...sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

A month supply is less than your Starbucks coffee, so try one brand and if it doesn't work, switch to another one... Simple as it is....

#19     Oct 27, 2011
  10. ammo

ammo

shortie ,it's a free site,nothing for sale

#20     Oct 27, 2011