What is the best way to become rich

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by harrytrader, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Cuddle with Michael Jackson and be his special "friend"?

#21     Apr 18, 2004
  2. Why don't you pose that question to Senator Kerry? Who stated anything about relying on the wife's wealth... I simply stated an option. You'd prefer to marry poor on principle? LOL

Big talk from an anonymous clown on a trading board.:D

#22     Apr 18, 2004
  3. huangks

huangks

are you sure they r ladies? :D :D :D

#23     Apr 18, 2004
  4. Yes, Some are even more beautifull than ladies :D :D

#24     Apr 18, 2004
  5. Cheese

Cheese

"Here you have touts every 5 meters offering you sexy ladies" .. plus a multiple dose of lethal AIDS. Oh yeah its the sort of service I really need to have.
    :eek:

#25     Apr 18, 2004
  6. Smell the contradictory-statements? You advocate pimping, yet horrified by the thought of marrying into wealth.

#26     Apr 18, 2004
  7. T-REX

T-REX

(and the best way I might add).......is to become the chairman of the NYSE like Dick Grasso and walk away with a cool quater Billion in cash.
    :D :D :D

#27     Apr 18, 2004
  8. No, It was another alternative for those who were VERY DESPERATE to get rich anyhow.

I said earlier that my beliefe won't allow me doing that,
    but thought might suit some of you ET traders as full time profession :D :p :D :p :D :p

#28     Apr 18, 2004
  9. Cutten

Cutten

Pimping is good if you have very little money, but it is hard to go beyond a certain income.

In my opinion the easiest money in the world is property speculation. Find a market that is in a long-term boom, then buy an apartment block in a prime location and rent it out via a decent letting agent. Property booms typically see annual appreciation in the teens, so with 80% loan-to-value you are making 50-100% per annum for doing nothing at all.

The returns can be boosted and the risk reduced by doing redevelopment and refurbishment projects, but this requires some actual work (but still not very much).

Another option is land speculation, then you don't even have tenants or building insurance to worry about.

As a trader, unless you are involved fully in stocks, you have loads of cash sitting around doing nothing. You can put say 50% into property deals and investments, and use leverage to crank up the returns. Then you have trading return on capital, in addition to real estate return on capital. That can result in extremely high compound rates.

#29     Apr 18, 2004
  10. 100% agree.

Particularly in the poorer countries where everyone wants to be your friend. If you do not want to be their friend then they'll find another way to extract money from you. And stay away from "the ladies": "No money, no honey". :D

As Eric Clapton's song: "When you are down and out".....

Peace
    :cool:

#30     Apr 19, 2004