What is the best Trading Software in your opinion

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by M4cM4rco, Dec 15, 2020.

1. I just think it is the wrong question. The use cases are so variable and different based on the needs of each user.
    The best software for you is probably not the best for me and vice versa.

#31     Jan 2, 2021
    freeman311122 and apdxyk like this.
  2. Agreed, my use case is
    1. Not a programmer
    2. Intraday sometimes but mostly swing
    3. Interactive brokers connectivity, execution for trades
    4. Use inbuilt strategies and custom code only when really required so need lots of strategies inbuilt that are tweakable preferably
    5. Stocks mainly but FX, Futures good to have
    6. US stocks mainly but good to have more exchanges in Europe, Asia

Im currently researching on Multicharts but not sure yet. Amibroker - trialling now but what i understand it is not easy for day trading but a great backtest tool. Have used trade ideas for a short time but it is expensive and not entirely sure about the performance, alerts for custom filters.

Any thoughts as per above reqs would be great.

#32     Jan 4, 2021
  3. finsmith

finsmith

Mobius Trader 7 trading platform is good option if you are planning to start your own forex brokerage business.

It has more pre integrated features like trader's room,CRM, copy trading, Affiliate area and PAMM systems

It has upto 142 symbols which includes binary options, crypto, forex, stocks, commodity, CFD and indices.

#33     Jan 12, 2021
  4. Thanks finsmith. Im looking for a software that would analyse and tell me -EDO data which MA is the best fit eg. MA5,9,10,20 etc. I spend lot of time analysing each potential stock for a good setup along with other indicators. Can Multichart recommend best fit Moving Average or any other software that fits my above criteria?

#34     Jan 13, 2021
  5. finsmith

finsmith

#35     Jan 14, 2021
    honest-trader likes this.
  6. I almost got Amibroker a few times over the years but never did.
    I use Tradestation for charting. IB for Broker.

Tradestation is free if you open an account with them as long as you open it with, $500 I think. Not sure.

#36     Jan 15, 2021
    honest-trader likes this.
  7. I think Mobius trader 7 is best trading platform

#37     Jan 28, 2021
  8. Has anyone used BuildAlpha? Have seen the relevant thread here but BA although looks like a canned software it is customisable and the best part is no programming knowledge required and the code can be generated with the click of a button. All look attractive but you can’t trade directly from this platform yet. Price is 1200 usd and no free trials which is a drawback.

#38     Jan 30, 2021
  9. virtusa

virtusa

There is no miraculous MA. All MA's work good, but just for the period that they were optimized for. Change the period and the MA does not work anymore like before.

Optimized MA's give you the "best result" for past, never for future. Past you cannot trade, future you can. So what's the use of MA's?

#39     Jan 30, 2021
    SunTrader likes this.
  10. MA crossover strategies is one of the purposes.

#40     Jan 30, 2021