What is the best Trading Software in your opinion

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by M4cM4rco, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Do you use this yourself?

I was recommended this back in the day and I've seen quite a few of their 'homework' videos. It looks like a really great platform, so I would definitely consider it if I were shopping for a new one.

It's rare you hear someone mention it these days, so I figured I'd ask.

#11     Dec 15, 2020
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

obviously i have used all the platforms there are and i would rate amibroker #1 and multicharts #2 all others are lacking if you want to do your own thing and not settle for canned crap.

there are simply too many nuances for me to list them all just take 30 years to figure it all out like i did. i know this for a fact the largest funds in the world use amibroker because it will allow you to do whatever you wish to do. making money requires out of the box thinking, so don't buy a box.

speed - the load of complex calculations you can throw at amibroker is daunting, so i really like it. but i will say that it also has a learning curve since most users are very guarded with coding projects. it's mainly a boutique software with heavy participation of the owner author of the software and it has stayed that way since the beginning. not a bad thing.

#12     Dec 15, 2020
    M4cM4rco likes this.
  3. M4cM4rco

M4cM4rco

Okay, thank you very much, Sir!
    I will try out multicharts/multicharts .Net and amibroker. The only thing what made me thought about amibroker was the small amount of supported data provider. Furthermore, I read: it is just a one-man company

#13     Dec 15, 2020
  4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

all true and valid points you make thus the reason, while i own amibroker "very low cost" i prefer to use multicharts especially coming form ndr, system writer, trade station era.. of 30 years ago.

multicharts flexibility of data feeds in unrivaled...

#14     Dec 15, 2020
  5. lindq

lindq

Yes, I use it. For many years. Excellent and creative engineers. Not so interested in marketing to the retail user.

#15     Dec 15, 2020
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  6. wpost

wpost

Well for pure trading, research is not that important to me. Speed, ability to write algorithms, efficient use of screen real estate most important, and not a CPU hog so I can run research on another app. I like Medvedtrader. Have been using it for a long time and have written lots of algos. I've yet to use all the features. The part I really like is that you can scan a thousand stocks that meet the params of your algo and then go trade them. They've got a website and some youtube vids. They're not tied to a particular broker so you can aggregate multiple accounts into one platform. There's a learning curve with any new SW but you can DL a limited free version and try a few charts and the zillion indicators and play.

#16     Dec 17, 2020
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Medved still around, used that 20years ago, cracking stock trading free platform, nice!

#17     Dec 17, 2020
    terr and j_medved like this.
  8. Oh we are definitely around :). We started Medved Trader after leaving TD Ameritrade

#18     Dec 17, 2020
    yc47ib, Turveyd and terr like this.
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

I used with DATEK before they got bought out by Ameriturd and during, before PDT rules, day trading stocks, good times!!

#19     Dec 17, 2020
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Medved, liked it, even on here, nice!! Hi dude, thanks for your software all those years back! :)

Still written in Delphi was it ??

#20     Dec 17, 2020