What is the best thing about forex in your opinion

Discussion in 'Forex' started by enamhaq, Feb 15, 2013.

1. the best thing for me is TIME, i mean, i can work when i want and how long i want, and still i have the decision on how much i risk and gain, and weekends will always be weekend with NOWORK, thats forex, 24/5 you are your boss.

another thing, its challenging for me, and i leaned to love it, staring at charts watching the price dance i can do that for hours, and you earn money from it :D

#21     Mar 4, 2013
  2. 24hr trading means there is essentially no incentive to manipulate "closing" price. When US stock market closes at 4pm people will have to "sleep" on that price until 9:30am next day influencing open orders. There is no such thing when you "close" at 5pm and "open" again at 5:01. Closely related to 24hr non stop trading (except for after 5:pm Friday before 2pm Sunday) is the essential absence of gaps. The only gaps I could legitimately see in the majors would be from Sunday open while in the stock market you could see a lot of ugly gaps.

Cleaner technical patterns. EUR/USD is a lot crisper to read than $INDU for example.

Leverage allows you to play responsibly or irresponsibly (Unless you are US trader in which case US government tells you 50:1 is all you need).

I love forex because it is more fundamental. A single analyst is not going to move a currency. There is a lot of intervention from central banks and it can get ugly but I would prefer it to some hedge fund manager coming in praising or trashing a stock and the stock dropping/going up 10% due to it.

#22     Mar 6, 2013
  3. ssss

ssss

Not send to any forex broker any cent ...

Your respectfully

#23     Mar 9, 2013
  4. mm2mm

mm2mm

Lets see here:

- No minimum funding required to trade(Oanda)
    - No minimum set size to trade. You can trade with $0.20 if you want to. (Oanda)
    - 24 hours, 5 days a week trading.
    - Highest leverage. (except for those boutique futures brokers offering $500 contracts that may not be here tomorrow. But then you have to close every trade at 4PM ;) ).
    - More accessible to people with low capital, easier/faster to open accounts with less requirements.
    Which brings me to another point:

In Forex you can have the same success if you are trading $1m as with $1 because you are not limited to an order size. The same money/risk management rules apply to both accounts.
    Whereas in futures for example, there is a min size to trade, which is the contract price. So if your account falls below the contract price you can not trade and will have to deposit money.

Try trading futures with $2000, you will get wiped out in a few trades.

And if you do not want to go to these boutique discount brokers then the prices of contracts will be much higher + they have some big requirements. In other words they are not great for people with low capital. Forex is great for any account size!

Forex wins in every important area as far as I am concerned!
    :D

#24     Mar 10, 2013
  5. I would agree on all the above points, very well said, but I also manage some conservative money in stocks and bonds, and sometimes you think you have won, but all that really happened is the dollar has gone down.

I don't think any consevative money manager can with a good conscience make intelligent decisions without some kind of currency component in the system.

#25     Mar 10, 2013
  6. ssss

ssss

Try trading futures with $2000, you will get wiped out in a few trades.
    ################

Not send any cent of real money to any broker

It is best about retail trading

90 % of all retail clients loose money to end of the year

#26     Mar 11, 2013
  7. The best thing in forex is its 24 hours market which support all type of people. Part time, full time man . women all can enjoy trading at their time of choice . The second thing is freedom of trading we can use our account as we want .

#27     Jun 21, 2013
  8. Just started looking at forex..Are the technical patterns cleaner and more orderly than stock indices ?

#28     Jun 21, 2013
  9. The best thing in forex that I felt is the potential to make quick money using high leverage and risk taking. This can be done on small accounts to make a decent return.

#29     Jul 13, 2013
  10. pemully

pemully

the era of wild west in fx is over.Except for the weekends there is no chance of a significant gap.

#30     Jul 14, 2013