What is the best Software to Use for Day Trading?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by daytraderspace, May 28, 2007.

1. I'm curious. I have been trying to figure out the best software for Day Trading. What are peoples opinions?

2. Day trading what? Stocks, futures, etc.

3. I'll just throw this out there. I've been trading for about 14 years and am in possession of multiple software programs: all of which are sponsors of ET. After all the money spent, what I've found the most effective is simply trading breakouts while using candles, ADX, Stochastic, volume and a couple of other "traditional" indicators. I trade 4x, futures, stocks and occasionally options. My preference is using e-signal. Some say the monthly fee is high, but for what you get, IMO it's worth it. My point is, you don't need to spend tens of thousands up front on multiple systems searching for the holy grail - e-signal or Real Tick will get the job done. (I used RT a long time ago and did have some issues with screen freezes, but overall was ok). I'm sure others will express their opinions - but that's mine and I actually trade for a living.

4. Thanks for your reply. Mainly I'm just beginning. I'm going to learn futures. My brother in law has been trading for several years. I need to find out what he's using, but thought I'd peek out here to see what others are doing.

5. TickJob

TickJob

6. the4xczar;

What order execution platform have you found best & what is your preferred time frame ( or ticks).

Dave

7. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Sierra Chart + TransAct = 25$ per month all in (no other fees)

SC is an excellent software better than esignal (imo)

You can save 125 $ per month (150-25), plus the exchange fees.

If you trade futures, for example the CME emini (ES-ER2-NQ-6E) and Eurex (DAX-BUND), with esignal you'll pay 192$ per month and $25 with Sierra Chart

Yua can save $2000 in one year

So if you are a small trader....You have understood what's better choice for you.

8. Dave

I use Omni Pro with RML Trading. Due to volume, I have a pretty good deal with them: 2.95/stock trade. They also rebate @ .002 if you add liquidity through ARCA. I trade short term quite a bit (also have long term accounts for swing/position trading). If you would like to check them out, I could put you in touch with the person in charge there - he's a good guy and depending on your volume, would set you up with a good deal. The executions are fast - no problems with them so far.