What is the best provider for real-time Times and Sales data & Q: tape reading

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Bearcrazy, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Bearcrazy

Bearcrazy

Hi,

I am a day trader and would really appreciate any helpful replies to my questions.

What is the best (most affordable yet accurate and non-delay) provider of real-time times and sales data which can be stored up and replayed??

I just installed Quotetracker and need a quote source. But I don't mind use other systems, since it is free to use quotetracker itself but not quote source

All of this is for the purpose of replaying the tape after the mkt with my transaction record on my hand.

Another question is does anyone know any excellent websites or books on tape reading (or anything on day trading for that matter)?

Thanks a lot

2. Surdo

Surdo

Can you give us a hint what you trade?

3. I have used quotetracker before and thought it was a good program to start learning. If you have a deposit at a compatible brokerage then the datafeed cost is free - so that would be the most affordable realtime data. I do not know if quotetracker has a feature to replay this data. I do remember it will keep the tick data for a certain amount of days.

4. Bearcrazy

Bearcrazy

I have been trading Oracle in nasdaq.

I have seen ib feed mentioned couple of times in this forum. Anyway I just signed up for IQ feed but i don't know how to use it and if it works. The it guy did not respond to me.

Since I go to work, do I leave the software on all day and so when I come home, I can reply time and sales?

5. Try Ninja, should have no problem with this with market replay.