What is the best DOM out there and why?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by MotiveWave, Jan 10, 2019.

1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

sorry but reviving this thread i am...

i am looking for a programmable order entry system that will basically become a order placement algo of it's own stand alone. i know tt has adl are there other platforms which can handle some pretty sophisticated order schemes?

i never have been able to fully understand exactly what all the requirements are for base tt and it's adl add on. i am using cqg now and it's ok but i need something automated or a crew of humanoid slaves. lol

#21     Jun 8, 2019
    bone likes this.
  2. qlai

qlai

My understanding is that their adl can only be run on their servers. Why would you pay to develop something proprietary that can run only on single platform and can never be run outside of their data centers? I guess you have your reasons.

#22     Jun 8, 2019
    MarkBrown likes this.
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

well frankly i no longer have the big overhead machine i once had and i don't want to employ staff or put up with that because i plan to be traveling not stuck playing overlord to a bunch of minimum wage phd's.

#23     Jun 8, 2019
  4. Overnight

Overnight

There is no DOM only ZUUL!

#24     Jun 8, 2019
  5. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

We did add more enhancements in May that include Position in Queue and Market By Order...

MotiveWave Version 6 Beta 2 (released May 15, 2019) introduces some more great new features and enhancements:
    • Market By Order--Displays individual order sizes in the DOM Bid/Ask Columns; this is also available for use in the SDK
    • Big Trades Study--Ability to filter out smaller sizes and just see the large orders/Big Players
    • More Depth Levels in DOM beyond the standard 10 (you can see the full order book)
    • DOM Position in Queue (you can see where your order is in the queue)
    • Significant Rithmic enhancements
    • Additional enhancements to the TPO Study and Volume Imprint Study
    • OHLC Study
    • Custom Elliott Wave Ratios
    • ... and more!
    See the MotiveWave What's New in Version 6 Beta 2 Guide for full details.

Download here: https://www.motivewave.com/download.htm

#25     Jun 10, 2019
  6. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

We are currently revisiting our Trade Panel to allow for custom buttons to perform certain combinations of actions with 1 click--custom entry and exit strategies. Is that what you're looking for? If not, can you provide more details?

#26     Jun 10, 2019
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i am looking for something that can place an order with attachments.

hotkey to buy = buy 10 - x tick stop limit , buy 20 - xx tick stop limit, buy 30 - xxx stop limit when filled place 2 point stop on each from entry price. if current time is greater than average time x then reverse entire position at average stop price, then start whole procedure over.

#27     Jun 10, 2019
  8. qlai

qlai

Would be great if one could link the buttons to strategies implemented in SDK. That would certainly allow for Mark's example to be implemented.

BTW, I think it would be very useful if you would allow users to send a signal outside of your platform (tcp preffered, but udp will do).

#28     Jun 10, 2019
    MarkBrown likes this.
  9. Can you see the full ES order book?

#29     Jun 11, 2019
  10. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Yes, currently with Rithmic only.

#30     Jun 11, 2019
    RosyScenario likes this.