What is the best deal out there??

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by gimp570, Feb 2, 2003.

1. What's wrong with ECHOtrade? :confused:

#31     Feb 5, 2003

2. I would go direct. Look for Tickerwatcher he had a few posts about them and their rate.

#32     Feb 5, 2003
  3. jorges

jorges

I heard that since the Sungard purchase, they are not allowing LLC's. You may want to look into this if you decide to go through LLC. I think direct is better though. They are a pretty good company, specially after Sungard in the picture.

#33     Feb 5, 2003
  4. It seems like andover offers the best deal. Does anyone know if it is smarter to go directly to Andover or go through one of there LLC's. Which one can offer the cheapest commissions? Does anyone have any experience with any of the LLC's. I heard about Lynx. I think it is in CA..has anyone dealt with them? Any suggestions or comments??

M
    ==============================================

Here's a suggestion: Contact Baron and ask him how much it would cost to advertise on Elite.....What I find amazing is that the people from Andover do this over and over again .....its always the same:
    "hi boys and girls , im a new trader that does 40 million shares a month, whats the best deal out there"....give me a break!,...I would urge everyone on ET to boycott ANDOVER until they plunk down some $$ to baron or stop this shameless shill job..

#34     Feb 6, 2003
  5. Amen.

#35     Feb 6, 2003
  6. gimp570

gimp570

o

#36     Feb 7, 2003
  7. alanm

alanm

Quote from TM_Direct:
    I would urge everyone on ET to boycott ANDOVER until they plunk down some $$ to baron or stop this shameless shill job..

Everybody who wants to pay more commission just to make a point, please raise their hand.

#37     Feb 8, 2003

8. Low commissions are not the only thing to consider when making a deal....Also, if i was upper mgmt at Andover I'd be very concerned that a couple of rogue offices are illegally advertising here....In addition. i have actually heard some good things about the Andover Software and the deals they are cutting....but if this is how they want to go about getting business I'd be worried...think about it...if you can't afford to plunk down some cash and host a forum here and explain your products, services and prices.....how can they afford to maintain software, t1 lines, and servers???? Are they THAT strapped for cash? ....what is the big deal? There's much smaller firms who advertise on ET....So either Andover can't afford it ( which means people should be careful about using them) or they can afford it but choose to try and beat the system and cheat baron out of his bread and butter.....if they are willing to do that to ET to save 10k a month in advertising, I don't think they'd hesitate to screw a trader out of 100k if they had to.

#38     Feb 10, 2003
  9. VOLUME

VOLUME

"I don't think they'd hesitate to screw a trader out of 100k if they had to."

How can a firm "screw" a trader out of 100k?

#39     Feb 10, 2003

10. ???? strapped for cash....they were just bought out. I would bet they are adding traders at a faster clip than any other place right now.

I think the bottom line is Andover is doing well and adding traders from other firms because 1. they are the low cost outfit right now, because they self clear and 2. The hammer is simply a better trading platform that most others right now. (If you combine it with realtick charts it IS the best IMO.)

With regard to the software I have yet to see a post by anyone who thinks it isn't the best they have traded on.

Anyone?

:confused:

#40     Feb 10, 2003