What is the best country to leave the US for?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by fatrat, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Oh boy, you really need to read and educate yourself OP. Brazil has one of the highest kidnapping rates in the world. San Paulo leds the world in 1500 kidnappings per year self described. Rio is know for it's number of hot chicks, loose sex, and street crime. Drink up, get drugged, and wake up without your wallet.

There is no perfect place. Everything has it's pros and cons. I am still thinking Canada, maybe, but not with such a high loonie, it will retrace once oil and gold come down, which they will in the next few years.

#61     Oct 25, 2007
  2. x2012

x2012

surprised no one has mentioned Dubai or Switzerland...

#62     Oct 25, 2007
  3. Dubai, why? 125F in the summer, the heck with that. If WWIII breaks out it will be in the Mid East and I don't want to be anywhere near there.

#63     Oct 25, 2007
  4. fatrat

fatrat

The objective is not to make it as easy as possible for the government. You and the other people (some could be described as sheep) resign yourselves too easily to authoritarian governments. The objective isn't to provoke the government, the objective is to stay out of their way but take action if needed.

Your logic is like this: If the market is falling to 0 and you're long, just hold. Don't even make an attempt at throwing out a market order in hopes of a fill. Don't attempt going short. That kind of thinking doesn't make sense in terms of capital preservation. In the real world of protecting property, not having guns doesn't make sense in terms of property preservation.

It's also very irrational to think the markets would never crash. Likewise, it's irrational to think economic prosperity in your respective state will last.

I believe everyone should be armed to the teeth, with fully automatic weapons and more. Rights are not granted for free -- most of them were paid for in bloodshed. At some point somewhere, someone has to be willing to pay that price if there are too many transgressions by a tyrannical state.

Look at the global situation today. Mohammed Atta was wired $100,000 before 9/11 from Pakistan's ISI. We do nothing to Pakistan, and Pakistan has a nuke. Iran supposedly doesn't have a nuke, and they are maligned in the papers non-stop by the Israeli-war-state propaganda machine. Would they get this kind of treatment if they had nuclear weapons? We don't give this treatment to Pakistan. We reward them with F-16s. If anything, the world today lends credibility to my ideas. It is correct and appropriate for Iran to have nuclear weapons, given the vast difference in treatment states with nuclear weapons get versus non-nuclear states.

The fact of the matter is that what's occurring on the global scale gets mirrored on the interpersonal scale. Rights of nations and individuals are always trampled unless they are able to have a defense.

Essentially, guns are your only hedge against tyranny. You can trust historical data and not maintain any sort of hedge; however, when stability is gone, guns are the last thing between you and control under a state without your best interests at heart.

#64     Oct 25, 2007
  5. well thailand and singapore are at the top of my list, good telecom, no security issues ,low cost of living in thailand. singapore is very low compared to new york and chicago. the irs will allow the 82k on earned income but on passive income still have to pays taxes,so just getting the check on money in the bank or other investments have to pay taxes every year. we are the only country were we are taxed on are citizenship. no matter where you live you have a tax bill?? every other country is taxed on location ex; brit living in singapore only has to pay locate taxes no u.k. taxes. if you reject your u.s. passport still have a tax bill 30% of all earned income. the american government feels you have had it so good here you own it to them . this is from my very expensive tax advisor ,so i am sharing it with you guys.

#65     Oct 25, 2007
  6. Canada used to be a cool place to live until the CAD became par with the USD.

Eventhough the standard of living in Montreal is still cheap relative to many US cities like NYC, it has become alot more expensive to live here.

#66     Oct 25, 2007
  7. cambodia is the wild wild west anything goes there business visa you can buy it at any store . set up business no problem. drugs no problem anything you want . what key west was many many years ago. it is the last stop on the train. cambodian passport buy one at the 7-11. i would recommend it to anyone under 40 for a life adventure.

#67     Oct 25, 2007
  8. Mamet

Mamet

Which is why I didn't recommend Rio or Sao Paulo. The cities in the south (Specifically - Florianopolis, Porto Alegre, Curtiba) have lower crime rates than NYC, and kidnappings are not an issue. Yes, if you're running around with hookers you stand the chance of being robbed, but I think this is true everywhere.

#68     Oct 25, 2007
  9. zdreg

zdreg

sheep? so far you haven't done a bloody thing.
    guns? lots of luck. you better learn survival skills. you are going to need it.

#69     Oct 25, 2007
  10. I would love to see you try to use it you prat and get it shoved back in your face. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens

#70     Oct 25, 2007