What is the best country to leave the US for?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by fatrat, Oct 25, 2007.

1. fatrat

fatrat

If I had a chance, I'd send you on a one-way trip to China where their authoritarian political beliefs more closely align with yours.

Only idiots and well-trained sheep don't question their government.

#161     Oct 29, 2007
  2. MeAgain

MeAgain

fat rat you are seldom this articulate and correct

keep it up :)

#162     Oct 29, 2007
  3. nasdorq

nasdorq

Elitetrader.com....the most hostile place on earth.

Anyone comment on Central/South American destinations for a single 30 year old who wants to get away for 3-5 years to avoid taxes, practice spanish, new experiences, etc. My main concerns are safety, quality of internet, and friendly women. I've heard Panama is good for ease of establishing residency and tax loopholes for non-citizens. Also heard Argentina and Uruguay are great. I've never been south of mexico, so any comments would be appreciated.

Side question for any canadians who are living offshore temporarily. I know we are taxed on residency not citizenship. If one leaves canada and breaks all ties, do they have to demonstrate to the gov't that they esablished residency somewhere else? If one were to wander the world and do 3 month visitor visas for a number of years and come back with a pile of cash, would that be legit? I know a tax lawyer would be the best to ask, just wondering if anyone has experience with this.

#163     Oct 29, 2007
  4. people who complain about life in the usa are generally those at the lower end of the economic ladder and don't see themselves climbing any higher. if you have money to live the good life, the usa is one of the best places to live. but if you don't have money, you might have a better life in thailand or india. i don't see the wealthy wanting to leave the usa, it's always someone who whines about how uncle sam takes 30% of their income and they have nothing left for milk, rent and a new laptop.

#164     Oct 29, 2007
  5. fatrat

fatrat

Haliburton left the US for Dubai. I guess HAL doesn't have enough money for milk, rent, and a new laptop.

Check your facts.

#165     Oct 29, 2007
  6. He started his post with "people who". Is Haliburton a person?

Suss

#166     Oct 29, 2007
  7. Sorry, nowhere to hide. The IMF will "rehabilitate" any freestanding economy and turn it into controlled mush. :(

#167     Oct 29, 2007
  8. i'm in vietnam. life here is good and quite affordable. only down sides are street noise and strict banking--which is easy to get around with off-shoring accounts in hk.

#168     Oct 29, 2007
  9. fatrat

fatrat

It is very much a person according to US courts.

Furthermore, its rationale for leaving is the same as my rationale for leaving. If Dick Cheney is betting against the US, why wouldn't I want to bet against the US?

#169     Oct 29, 2007
  10. Clearly you are deliberately pretending not to understand the legal difference between a corporate entity and a flesh and blood person. Mea culpa: it was foolish to expect anything other than a puerile response given your first post.

Suss

#170     Oct 29, 2007