What is the best approach for this trade ?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by traderwald, Aug 23, 2019.

1. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

Based on his screen shot of his positions. The option profit was about $1300 or $1400 less than the loss on the long contract. I believe if he does nothing, he will lose about $1300 or so.

#31     Aug 27, 2019
  2. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

Never mind. My account is only up 95% this past two weeks. Do whatever you want to do.

#32     Aug 27, 2019

3. As I understand the L would be 21 points at close of trade for the put that long on this

#33     Aug 27, 2019
  4. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

Question. If he felt the SP would go up, what is the difference if he simply went contract long and put a stop loss for 21 points? I don't see any difference. If this strategy was so good, why isn't everyone doing it?

#34     Aug 27, 2019
  5. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

For what it's worth. I do believe the week of Sep 1, stock market will rally.

#35     Aug 27, 2019
  6. bone

bone

You're all over the place with your posts and it's just confusing the OP.

#36     Aug 27, 2019
    Overnight likes this.
  7. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

I guess I don't belong here. Just delete my bookmark and leave this place.

#37     Aug 27, 2019
  8. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Do you know what Sunk Costs are? They're sunk. They're gone. Nobody owes you anything on them, and to behave as if they do is to invite disaster with both hands. Here, I'll make it easy.
    https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/knowledge/economics/sunk-cost/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost
    So the *sound* idea is to work with what's there, and go forward.

"What's there" for the OP is a $1.25 max loss, and an ES delta that approaches zero.
    So for shits and giggles sake, what about buying a call [and/or spread] at 2930?? Cheapest to be had, *and*would wipe out the $1.25 loss.

YOUR idea? Wipe out the insurance that bought the OP peace of mind and δ= 0.0 :confused:

So, it's now up around $90, Russell? :rolleyes:

:confused::confused: Okay, well, Step One will be for you to learn to ask a cohesive question that can be answered. So, your 'question' notwithstanding, the OP bought the market, then bought insurance. The market sank, his insurance will cover all but $1.30. End of story.

You run hot and cold. Got it. :cool:

:D

This is not forexland, trade2??, blaster_zone, or any of your old hangouts. This is ET. Welcome! But don't whip bullshit around and expect applause. o_O

#38     Aug 27, 2019
    Overnight likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

#39     Aug 27, 2019
  10. traderjo

traderjo

I could not agree more
    Simple ATM married PUT so max loss = cost of PUT
    and some booked profit on soled Call
    I am still waiting to see if OP will disclose what was his Sold call position, Yes he says he made 5 point on the soled call , but was that part of a collar? if so what was the original point of putting this on?
    By the way TOM Ops Capital ( Underlying ES Long) is protected with that 1.25 diff but his real cost of trade is the PUT cost!

#40     Aug 28, 2019
    bone likes this.