What is the average age of a trader?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Seanote, Jun 27, 2002.

1. NDQnCA

NDQnCA Guest

a better poll would be "if you ARE CURRENTLY a trader, how old are you?"

I'm 24..

#11     Jun 28, 2002
  2. Im 23

#12     Jun 28, 2002
  3. chisel

chisel

I'm 39.

#13     Jun 28, 2002
  4. Seanote

Seanote Guest

#14     Jun 28, 2002
  5. 33

#15     Jun 28, 2002
  6. too fast to live, too young to die

#16     Jun 28, 2002
  7. rs7

rs7

MY MY!!

#17     Jun 28, 2002
  8. I'm one of the ones who got tired of commuting to work every day and taking "orders" from others. I have trading friends that are 15 years older and younger. Fortunately, trading is one of the few professions where age and education makes less of a difference that almost anywhere else

#18     Jun 28, 2002
  9. Tony01

Tony01

I'm 24, started full-time @ 21.

#19     Jun 28, 2002
  10. Seanote

Seanote Guest

Just curious for those who don't mind sharing this. How did you acquire the capital to begin trading? I think these stories are very interesting, especially for the 20's traders.

As I stated before, I brought in $5K and my uncle matched me and we split profits and losses for the first year. After that I had the option, which I took, to go on my own. I didn't have much money in college but was lucky enought to win "big" (at the time it was huge) in Vegas the first time I went and came home with $6K. I realized then that was probably the only opportunity I would have for a few years to use that much capital to finally begin trading so I took it. The best part about winning that money was the fact that my friends and I were eating lunch at Ceasar's (I thought we were taking a break from gambling) and the gambling degenerates that they are, decided to play Keno while we ate. I hit almost every number that popped up except for a few. I forget the exact details, but I was jumping up and down like a 5 year old on Christmas morning as the Keno waitress was throwing down 75 one-hundred dollar bills. I won't go into any more details with what happened later that night, BUT, I did come back with $6K.

#20     Jun 28, 2002