What is tape reading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mockingbird, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Don

My question was very specific, and with all due respect tape reading WAS NOT covered during the weeklong class. By tape reading, I am referring to interpreting the time & sales date scrolling in front of you to determine specific entry exit points. Since Bright Trading discourages chart reading, I was hoping an in depth discussion of tape reading at the class.
    It is very easy to deflect this issue and say that certain techniques were not covered so as not to confuse newbies - the problem is not all who attended were newbies, but all who attended were there to see how Bright brothers and their traders read the tape.
    Of course, we can always come back a second time or call you or Bob or Earl for questions, but why not cover it in class in the first place to save us this hassle?
    I did question your brother about this during class, and the answer he gave me was so insulting it wasn't even funny.

#21     Apr 15, 2002
  2. We don't run the class during the trading day, we cover the points I mentioned earlier, I will spend more time on it in the future, your question must have come at a bad time if my brother was disrespectful to you (and I apologize if that was the case).

#22     Apr 15, 2002