What is success?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Dec 18, 2003.

1. I don't think having a family is really all that much of a 'success', unless you say your goal was to have a family, which you then achieved. Still, since it's not really very hard to have a family, I'm not sure that I feel like a huge 'success' simply because I managed to have a family, even if that was my goal all along.

Feeling proud of your family, feeling your family is a source of unquenchable joy. Yes, those I can understand. However, I suppose that since at the end of the day every material goal is simply a cover for an emotional state that is desired -- eg you don't really want $100MM in and of itself, you want $100MM because you will then feel powerful (or important, or whatever) -- and since feelings of joy and pride are commonly desired I guess that once someone has attained such emotional states they equate that with having 'succeeded'.

So, to answer the original question, I suppose 'success' is whatever makes you feel successful.

#31     Dec 19, 2003
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

your 100% correct having a family is very easy ....unless of course you are shooting blanks...but raising a familly is not that easy and very rewarding to those who want to share their love with their lil ones.......

#32     Dec 19, 2003
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Oh my.....having kid is easy? I know you are underage.

Besides to be a successful species we need to dominate by population.

So that is a purely scientific form of success.

And if you think money equals success.....are you in for a rude surprise :eek:

#33     Dec 19, 2003