What is scalping?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by padutrader, May 11, 2018.

1. Here's an IB person showing book trader, just watching this you can imagine how quick this is in the right hands ...

#11     May 12, 2018

2. I would guess looking and trading for one tick only.

#12     May 12, 2018
    Muffhands likes this.
  3. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

4. kaizer

kaizer

Scalping is trading style characterized by zero tolerance to opened profit declining. This means trading "retracement-less" movements. These movements can be on 5 sec chart and also on weekly chart. It's not about many trades per unit of time, it's about not holding during retracements, scalper exits while the price continues to move in his/her advantage (so called positive slippage).

#14     May 12, 2018
    padutrader likes this.
  5. Xela

Xela

This really isn't so at all.

For their entry to be a valid/correct one, scalpers need the price to move (albeit not far) in "their direction" almost immediately, otherwise they don't want to be in the trade, and for this this reason, they typically use tiny stop-losses.

#15     May 12, 2018

6. Lol, awesome post. Give me another **BAM**! Sometimes I play Quake, sometimes I play IB **BAM**.

#16     May 12, 2018
  7. kaizer

kaizer

100% correct
    "immediately" is relative to the working timeframe, so "immediately" on 5min is not the same that on daily, etc

#17     May 12, 2018
    padutrader and Xela like this.
  8. The reason the trades are high probability is because of the small profit target.... if you take a profit every time you show a small profit, you will have a high rate of success but small profits.... that is his scalping works...

#18     May 12, 2018
    padutrader likes this.
  9. They do. Usually their risk reward ratio is around 1:1

#19     May 12, 2018
    padutrader likes this.
  10. padutrader

padutrader

THANKS GUYS some really useful stuff here
    AND GAL sorry Xela how could anyone miss you:D

#20     May 12, 2018
    Xela likes this.