What is Romneys angle with Paul Ryan?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Aug 11, 2012.

1. You may well be right on the merits, but I don't think you can win an election with this argugment. As you note, "Ron Paul has been trying to explain this for years , and no one listens."

That's the problem. No one listens. The mainstream, liberal media sets the news agenda for all the regional newspapers and TV. They are never going to give Romney and Ryan a fair shot. Most voters' eyes glaze over at the mention of numbers. They recoil in horror if presented tough choices. They vote on gut feel for the most part. They get it from the media, increasingly from what some dimwit celebrity says or when they sense a bandwagon forming. Most voters want to be part of that.

The problem with Ryan is that he takes the focus off where it should be, on Obama's record of failure and his far left policies. Romeny and Ryan are going to spend the time between now and the election protesting that they don't want to cut medicare to give tax cuts to billionaires. And let's face it, Ryan lacks charisma and presence. He looks and talks like a staff guy, not a potential president.

#51     Aug 12, 2012
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

He's better then Sarah Palin.

#52     Aug 12, 2012
  3. Yes Romney is better at picking a VP than McCain was.

#53     Aug 12, 2012
  4. I'm fat and out of shape* but give me 180 seconds alone with obama and the country could give a sigh of relief not felt in the past 4yrs.

*Finally after 10yrs of debilitating arthritis preventing exercise of any kind, I've found something finally that allows at least mild aerobic training.
    hopefully more: I want to get back to breaking stepping stones with my bare hands.

kf update: sporting a black eye from saturday.

#54     Aug 12, 2012
  5. In terms of charisma and presence like AAA mentioned no he's not.Palin also had a better resume for the presidency then Ryan does.She also excited the base and gave McCain a bump in the polls and intrade when he selected her.Romney hasn't gotten an intrade boost from Ryan .Romney wont pull ahead of Obama for 2 weeks like McCain did

#55     Aug 12, 2012
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Idiot. McCain got a bump on the convention, not on Palin!

#56     Aug 12, 2012
  7. He announced he had picked palin on the 29 and she gave her convention speech on the 3rd so maybe,maybe not.Like the conventions candidates usually get a VP pick poll bump idiot

#57     Aug 12, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Not always. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. However almost all candidates get a post convention bounce.

#58     Aug 12, 2012
  9. I'm voting for the guy who isn't owned by mega-banks who get cheap funds handed to them from the Fed that they then use to buy politicians.....

Which one is that again?..... :D

Obama-Biden, Romney-Ryan - the best choices America has to offer.... :D

If Bernanke times another QE just right, he might hand Obama the election.

:eek:

#59     Aug 12, 2012
  10. I'm sure that's the plan and it will work as long as europe doesn't implode before the election.

#60     Aug 13, 2012