What is Romneys angle with Paul Ryan?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Aug 11, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

See i agree with you 100% on this one, thats why i dont understand why Romney brought in Ryan, all he had to do was keep his eyes on the prize, Ryan just gives the Obama camp another negative, another distraction... that has nothing to do with the economy.....

Romney should have brought in a pit bull like Christie who would just focus 100% of their effort on the economy.

#41     Aug 12, 2012
  2. I know its simplistic but in most cases the more likeable guy wins.

#42     Aug 12, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Max, Christie is simply not polished enough yet. They saw him as too big of a liability. You need someone that can stay on message. Christie would attack some liberal reporter and make her cry and that would be the end of it. Again, Christie got away with a lot of this behavior because believe it or not, like Ryan, no one in this country knows who he is either!!!!!!! But once you shine that bright spotlight on him, you take a risk he is going to sink your ship. I like the guy and I think down the road he is going to lose weight and control his speech better. Not to mention he would completely over shadow Romney. I'm sure Romney felt a little insecure about that.

#43     Aug 12, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well, you finally said something that has some merit. This is often true. I just think our current economic mess is bad enough now that likeability, while still being a factor, will be less of one this go around.

#44     Aug 12, 2012
  5. Mercor

Mercor

Its easier for Christie to be a bastard when he can freelance the work.

#45     Aug 12, 2012
  6. Max E.

Max E.

Maybe im biased, frankly i have given up on Romney winning so at this point my favourite ticket would be Gingrich, Christie, i would love to watch those two just tear a strip off Obama's ass..... :D

#46     Aug 12, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

All of the roughly 170 million registered voters tell you that themselves did they?

#47     Aug 12, 2012
  8. The angle is to brighten the line between economic plans. Romney can't win a mud slinging contest. The dems/leftists/media have already shown they don't care about Obama's past associations or issues of character/lack of leadership. Romney must make this about the economy and the Ryan plan does that.
    I think it's good for America to have such a clear choice between the political idealogies. Now it's up to Team Romney to convey their plan in a way other than Team Obama will portray it, which is, trickle down business as usual republican policies. If Team Obama wins that fight, Obama wins the election.
    So the guy in the street question to Romney is, OK, tell me how I'm not going to get screwed in this deal while your rich buddies skate yet again. If Romney can do that he will win the presidency.

#48     Aug 12, 2012
  9. Eight

Eight

Ryan's body fat is at 6%, he could kick the bejesus out of that skinny basketballer smoker with or without Romney!

#49     Aug 12, 2012
  10. Sometimes your smartass is witty and sometimes it's just dumb smartass.

#50     Aug 12, 2012