What is Romneys angle with Paul Ryan?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Aug 11, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Romney isnt a "shoot from the hip" type person, so there has to be some master plan here.

I like Paul Ryan but cant think of a single beneficial thing he could bring to the ticket, he is toxic, and he will be an easy target because of his plan.

There is no way they would have done this to rally conservatives, they could have easily picked that goober Tim Pawlenty, and he comes with no baggage.

The only thing i can think of is that the Romney crew somehow came to the conclusion they need to steal wisconsin in order to make it to the whitehouse......

Can anyone think of the reason Romney would have done this?

2. First of all, republican (powers that be are morons).

The same people that gave us McVain are the same one's hamstringing us now with this ticket.

I don't have anything against ryan but I think rubio would have been a better choice.

last election primary I said "anybody but McVain"
    this election primary I said "anybody but Romney"

The sad fact is the republican powers that be, are just as

afraid of true reform as the democrats.

3. Max E.

Max E.

If republicans are afraid of reform,(something i dont disagree with) why on earth would they put Paul Ryan on the ticket?

4. VP: is nothing but a photo -op job.

5. Mercor

Mercor

He is a target only because of general perception of his plan created from the left.
    Ryan is a very good debater. he will slaughter Biden.

Romney is going all economy for the election.
    Once Ryan gets the press he deserves and explains his plan, people will come around especially the tea party. The Ryan plan is the only plan on the table.

Two reasons Ryan was picked

Ryan is the kind of person that Romney has hired throughout his career—a high IQ, creative, supremely articulate wonk who is young and looks even younger.

in 2008, while Obama was pulling 66 percent of the vote in the City of Kenosha, 67 percent in Janesville, and 70 percent in Racine, Ryan received a solid 52 percent, 59 percent, and 45 percent in those same cities, respectively. Ryan is rarely seriously tested in the district, normally garnering only token Democratic opposition.

Ryan can pull in middle votes

6. Ryan doesn't bring one vote more for Romney. And has the potential to lose votes, even republican voters, those who depend on social security and medicare.
    I dislike or I should say disagree with Ryan and can't imagine him being on the winning side in a national election, but hey I've been wrong on stuff like this before.

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Max, watch this video and get back to me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RPENdwNzbfA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The fact of the matter is, outside of Ron Paul, Paul Ryan knows fiscal and monetary issues better then anyone in the republican party. This guy has taken every democrat he has ever faced and torn them to shreds. The fact of the matter is, Romney is a private equity guy that doesn't know shit about economics or monetary or fiscal policy. I hate to say it, but it's true. This selection actually gives him some street cred now. I get nauseated just listening to Romney talk about the economy.

Very few people in this country know who Ryan is. I think once they hear this guy talk he will be able to articulate exactly what is wrong with this country. I would much rather see Ryan at the top of the ticket and Romney in the VP slot. This pick was important because it brings some youth and energy to the ticket. And also rallies the tea party.

Let me also remind you that Ryan has won election 6 times in a "left leaning" district". Let me repeat that, democrats put this guy into office!!!!! He comes from a working class family and the people of his district love him because they know him. Once Ryan gets a chance to get out in the national circuit, independents will like this guy. He is the only person outside of Ron Paul who will actually tell the voters the truth about about country. I think the pick was great.

8. I'm absolutely clueless.He needs Ohio more then Wisconsin imo and his best chance there was with Portman.

He needs FL so his best chance there is Rubio with the benefit of more Latino votes overall.

He needs moderates and independents most of all and since he already has the ABO/base vote, Christie was his best choice there imo.Christie might have even brought Jersey.Even most of my die hard lib family would have voted for Romney/Christie because Christie is Italian.Christie would have viciously fought back Obama attacks.He thinks quick on his feet and I dont recall him losing any face to face arguments or have any gaffes

If he just wanted to play it safe with a nice guy candidate that isn't offensive to anyone and has the qualifications to be President if needed it was Pawlenty.Even I like him and a MSNBC lib like O'Donnell loves him

Christie or Pawlenty would have been the best choices imo or maybe a guy universally loved like General Patreus.I know many here dissed that idea but I don't think it would have been that bad.It brings foreign policy back into the debate and Obama cant attack a guy who is loved like Patreus

Ryan is poison to SR citizens and boomers and he probably lost Florida because of him.I would only give him a 30 % shot to take Wisconsin.He can be hit for his votes with Bush and questioned is he qualified to assume office if needed.With Romneys tax problems he picks a guy that wants Romney to pay zero in taxes so they are only making Mitts tax situation worse.,Ryan dosn't bring anything that Mitt doesn't already have except a small but unlikely shot at Wisconsin ,he only hurts Romney imo

I dont get it,why pick a guy that Obama can attack 24 /7 for the next 3 months and loses Florida and a lot of independents. What I have read is that Romney just really like Ryan as a person and thats who he wanted as his side kick.

Maybe there is a masterful Romney plan that we will all soon see

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

I am so sick of listening to this shit. You libo wack tards just make this shit up as you go. No "current" senior citizen has any reason not to vote for Ryan as his social security program affects NO ONE OVER THE AGE OF 55!!!!!!!

It only affects young people.

Stop making shit up!!!!!

10. Max E.

Max E.

Dont get me wrong, I love Paul Ryan, but the thing is that he is an intelligent numbers guy, he doesnt have a personality that is flambouyant enough like Christie whereby he could go on t.v. and swing votes.

And the thing is dems are going to demagogue his plan to death, the obama campaign probably already has 100 videos lined up that are all going to say Ryan wants to kill granny.

The number of people intelligent enough to listen to Ryan bang off numbers and appreciate it, are far outweighed by the people who will buy into the "Ryan wants to kill granny" meme

#10     Aug 11, 2012