What is risk/reward knowing more than 90% of traders lose?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by emg, Sep 13, 2011.

1. +1

easy trading and winning : swing trading & position trading with 0 leverage.

#41     Sep 18, 2011
  2. emg

emg

bump!

#42     Sep 28, 2011
  3. You have to learn market mechanics which most traders dont. You arent trading off the chart or news or fundamentals. You trade off order flow. You have to be patient and wait for the setups. Understand how large funds move their money around. Know that leveraged etfs must deleverage at the end of the day. Thats why you see the reits and financials move at the end of the day. In this enviroment funds are getting margin calls and liquidating calls. Like the 300k share offer that drove down fcx and when it exhausted at 30.99 it popped a point. Or the NYSE order that drove down IOC the other day. You buy those prints.

The market is not efficient and you have to take advantage of those inefficiencies.

#43     Oct 1, 2011
    K-Pia likes this.
  4. traderrn

traderrn

risk is your effort + affordable capital
    reward is your future

#44     Oct 1, 2011
  5. cornix

cornix

Risk/reward is truly great, considering this fact! :D

#45     Oct 1, 2011
  6. +

#46     Oct 2, 2011
  7. N54_Fan

N54_Fan

Wow,...I read this and said...YOU have lived my life exactly,..with one minor exception. I do not have a trading group to join in my area. I have joined ET because I am seeking this sort of outlet. However, I have become profitable and find every thing you mentioned to be true of my path to this point in my trading career. Glad to know I was able to do it and like you I have paid my share of tuition to Wall Street University.

I agree with your post and think others should read it and take heed at the comments.

#47     Oct 2, 2011
  8. arn8701

arn8701

Whoever thinks day trading cant make you consistent money is talking rubbish....if you cant do it it simpy means that maybe you are not cut out for it...all brains think differently....

#48     Oct 10, 2011