What is RICH?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ripley, Oct 7, 2011.

1. TGregg

TGregg

Rich is when money is never considered. You valet park your Lamborghini as a hail storm approaches. If somebody happened to mention hail damage, you look at them with a puzzled expression and say "if it gets damaged, I'll just tell Jeeves about it tomorrow and he'll get it fixed within the hour." while thinking "WTF is wrong with this loser?"

Rich is when you are bidding millions on art and your sole thought is "Will people think I overpaid for this?" rather than "JFC, 10 million for a blob of old paint on cracked parchment?!" or even "How much can I afford to shell out?"

Rich is believing "Money doesn't buy happiness" as you look around your palatial estate while the staff scurries about, carrying out your every whim. You are sure that you could go back to living in a dumpy one room apartment on the wrong side of the tracks tomorrow while hustling bootlegs on the street and be just as happy as you are at that moment. No problem.

#21     Oct 7, 2011
  2. Funny you mention that. I am involved in SCCA Racing. I was in the pits and one of the racers in the next pit wrecked his F430. he was on the line with ferrari and pissed off not because he wrecked his F430 but because he could not get(buy) another F430 delivered before sunday for the next set of races.

They did something cause Sunday he had a new red F430

#22     Oct 7, 2011
  3. Scat, I lean Heavily towards your POV, and I used to really resent
    the Libboes and how they wanna take all my money to distribute it according to THEIR idea of who deserves it.
    However, lately I've been listening to Rhonda Byrne's CD book "The Power". Love is the only positive force in the universe that will bring me a good life.
    The more I concentrate on the Good in my life, the better my life gets.:)

#24     Oct 7, 2011
  4. TGregg

TGregg

There's a line in Star Wars. . . not sure on the exact quote, but it's something like:

"Your focus becomes your reality."

Somehow, that seems very karmatic.

#25     Oct 7, 2011
  5. Aok

Aok

Rich is being alive this day, having relative health in an ambulatory body and your attitude which hopefully is strong enough to bounce back from the realities of this world.

In terms of money why not go to the source?

http://www.irs.gov/taxstats/indtaxstats/article/0,,id=96981,00.html

Having more of what has not brought you happiness wont change with more riches.

Spend less than you make, invest, take risks (personal as well as financial) otherwise your heuristic chances of a wealth level you think necessary is mathematically remote.

#26     Oct 7, 2011
  6. sle

sle

I tell my boss to go to hell every other day and we've been working together for the past 6 years...

The reality of finance is such that (as a wise man put it) "you don't get rich in this business, you only attain new levels of relative poverty". If you are looking for happiness and balance, it's worth finding another line of work.

#27     Oct 7, 2011
  7. Due Buy

Due Buy

1. $300M+

2. $100M+

3. $10M+....... I believe it takes a combination of the following:

- Intelligence
    - Luck
    - Determination

And depending on your individual circumstances the combination will vary. If you have less luck and intelligence then you have to work your ass off and be diligent about saving whenever you can. Striking a balance between saving and knowing when to spend, like on new ventures, can be tough........

What I think is interesting is that something like 94% of Americans make less than $100K/year. It's shocking how high that percentage is.

#28     Oct 7, 2011
  8. That is shocking when I see how most people live like they are rolling in dough. Sometimes I think to myself "am I really that big of a cheap bastard or are all these people idiots?"

#29     Oct 7, 2011
  9. Rich means you can have 12 year old girls delivered from some east asian/europe/etc country for pedophile sex. And then paying to have them disposed when your done, for new fresh meat.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-epstein-billionaire-pedophile-goes-free.html

• Victims alleged that Epstein molested underage girls from South America, Europe, and the former Soviet republics, including three 12-year-old girls brought over from France as a birthday gift.

• The victims also alleged trips out of state and abroad on Epstein’s private jets, which would be evidence of sex trafficking—a much more serious federal crime than the state charges Epstein was convicted of.

• The victims were executed and ground up into meat to feed his extensive collection of tigers and lions.

#30     Oct 8, 2011