What is RICH?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ripley, Oct 7, 2011.

1. In practical terms, if you can spend your waking hours goofing off without having to worry about going hungry or homeless, you're "rich".

That can be accomplished with very little money, and it can be failed at with tons of money.

#11     Oct 7, 2011
  2. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

i.e. the delinquents on liberty street protesting their entitlement to success

#12     Oct 7, 2011
  3. I remember being in the military.... didn't have all that much money, but had enough to spend some on the "local girls"... had a "Playgirl centerfold" body, my dick was always hard, got to play sports all the time.. and nothing hurt. In retrospect, that was a "rich" time in my life.

#13     Oct 7, 2011
  4. my goal is 10 mil cash, 10,000 oz silver, 1,000 oz gold physical and already having your house / cars w/no debt. so all in all value would probably be closer to 14-15 mil. that's what i'm shooting for.

#14     Oct 7, 2011
  5. Minimum Quantifications so far:

Being RICH = $1 million in sustainable passive annual income. Which would put your NET WORTH (a multiplier of 10) at around 10 million. (A life of abundance).

Being WELL OFF = $100K in sustainable passive annual income. Which would put your NET WORTH (a multiplier of 10) at around 1 million. (Not having to work again at a paid employed position).

#15     Oct 7, 2011
  6. 1/ buy whatever you want without looking at prices.
    2/ ability to chose to not work for the next 30 years and do the above at the same time.

Conclusion = Freeom of choice and Freedom of work .

#16     Oct 7, 2011
  7. RICH is having excellent health.

No amount of money is going to help you if your health is failing...

Having a good exercise routine before/after the trading day is a good way to keep your body and mind in excellent shape for the next trading day.

#17     Oct 7, 2011
  8. According to the Obama Admin, "RICH" = $250K.
    Anything over that, and you should give it to the poor.
    I grew up with Progressives, Marxist Lite, whatever ya wanna call them.
    That's THE figure for them, and I've been hearing that number since I was 10 yrs old, so that's 44 years I've had to put up with that shit.
    It gets old, ya know?

#18     Oct 7, 2011
  9. In practical terms, if you can spend your waking hours goofing off without having to worry about going hungry or homeless, you're "rich".

That can be accomplished with very little money, and it can be failed at with tons of money.
    ----------------------
    +1

Being rich is having enough money to tell your boss to go to hell. I did that 27 years ago and it was the best move that I ever made.:D

#19     Oct 7, 2011
  10. The parasitic tit-suckers... they should take up the resolve to "provide for themselves or perish"... Grandpa always told me, "The world doesn't owe you a living".

If you can't or won't provide for yourself, then you need to sponge off of relatives or the kindness of strangers. If that doesn't work, then do society a favor and put a 5 cent bullet through your brain. THE WORLD DOESN'T OWE YOU A LIVING JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN... NOT EVEN IF YOU WERE BORN IN THE USA!! NOBODY IS ENTITLED TO BE A BURDEN UPON OTHERS.. A PARASITE ON SOCIETY.... NOT EVEN THOSE WHO VOTE FOR A DEMOCRAT DOUCHEBAG WHO PROMISES THEM "FREE CANDY" IN EXCHANGE FOR THEIR VOTE!

#20     Oct 7, 2011