What Is Rebate Trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ZapCoffee, Jun 12, 2012.

1. londonkid

londonkid

Hi Bison

Great post - could you add some colour (color for US people) to that. Very interested in this parity idea.

I scalp for 0 to 3 ticks, so I am sensitive to rebates but they are not the be all end all for me. Maybe some guys can make it work on rebates alone but you need volume, big volume.

#31     Jul 10, 2012
  2. If the price goes against you, then you are screwed once. If the price keeps going against you every time you do that, you are screwed royally. So what are you talking about no money in P/L?

What is this non-sense about remaining passive? When you offer liquidity you are not passive. You are taking a risk.

Rebates compansatre for risk. Otherwise they would not offer them. I think some people here have never traded anything, just reading books and articles.

#32     Jul 10, 2012
  3. credit stocks usually move 3 or 4 cents a day...
    So when credit trading you're basically betting that you'll be able to buy and then sell some 6 times on one of these flat stocks before you have to take a 1 cent loser. risk management is a must in such a strategy, since you're making 0 pnl you cannot affort to take any loss greater than $0.01 on a trade...

#33     Jul 10, 2012

4. ...and you hope that market makers won't take a hit on you but watch you making rebates. Have you people ever traded seriously? I wonder? Are you all on simulation?

#34     Jul 11, 2012
  5. I haven't seen a simulator that works for credit trading yet. You can't simulate queues.
    I traded credits for little more than 2 years before the days of reg nms.

#35     Jul 11, 2012
  6. zbojnik

zbojnik

Let me see if I got it...

1. Trading fees need to be less than the rebate.
    2. Stock needs to be going sideways in small range.
    3. High volume.
    4. Buy on bid and cover on ask.(vice versa)

Its that easy?

#36     Sep 30, 2012
  7. guest2

guest2

8. zbojnik

zbojnik

9. zbojnik

zbojnik

Is this a good stock for credit trading?(see attachment) It has 12M average volume and is going in narrow sideway range. I cannot find anything like how in the video C had 200M volume. The closest thing to that volume wise is BAC and SPY but, they are not in narrow sideway range...

• pphm.png
      File size:
      15.9 KB
      Views:
    #39     Sep 30, 2012