What is NLP?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Gordon Gekko, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Another little gem of a book (recommended by someone here on Elite a few years ago): "What to say when you talk to yourself".
    by Shad Helmstetter

#21     Oct 16, 2003
  2. Adrienne L. Toghraie of www.tradingontarget.com offers both books/tapes as well as seminars for traders all based on NLP. It's really good to remove all the garbage you are carrying around that is stopping you from achieving higher profits in trading.

#22     Oct 16, 2003
  3. Hi All,

We are off again on another extravagancy.

On the cover of my copy of "On Extraordinary Delusions or the Madness of Crowds" it says:

"This book saved me millions" - Barend Baruch.

nononsense

#23     Oct 16, 2003
  4. now THAT (hypnosis) is something i believe is total nonsense. i'm talking about watching some swinging object, becoming sleepy, something strange happens, and you start talking about stuff.

#24     Oct 16, 2003
  5. alright, i'll admit i have read a tony robbins book. about 4-5 years ago i read "awaken the giant within."

if you read his stuff, though, you shouldn't read it EXPECTING it to be a bunch of crap. if you watch a movie that you think you won't like, you just may make yourself not like it even if it's good. if you think of tony robbins as just some infomercial guy, you probably won't take him seriously. however, some of the stuff in his books is definitely true and can be used in positive way, imo.

#25     Oct 16, 2003
  6. ...but Tony Robbins is a pale imitation of the real thing, a mere opportunist compared to the depths of the insights found in the works of the creators, Bandler and Grinder. Read the original works.

#26     Oct 16, 2003
  7. You need to learn "Remote Viewing" :eek:

#27     Oct 16, 2003
  8. gdf

gdf

Dr Van Tharp also used NLP modelling to come up with his Peak Performance course for traders. I'm doing this now and finding it quite effective.

About 3 years ago, I ordered a remote viewing training tape from some discredited Major in the military's remote viewing program. I had zero success with it. Maybe it's just because I have Zero ESP potential (although remote viewers say anyone can learn to a certain degree) or maybe it was because the Major was a major scam artist.

AMT4SWA, have you actually done any RVing

#28     Oct 16, 2003
  9. Tony Robbins,Bandler and Grinder,Think and Grow Rich have been mentioned is there anyother good Material on NLP,Personal Development worth checking out,

#29     Oct 16, 2003
  10. Technical Remote Viewing Squadron..... was part of the DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency) in the 80's.

Now any and all government "Remote Viewing" tasks are contracted out to private firms (contract black ops).

More info at www.matrixintelligenceagency.com

Also, Tom Cruise and Paula Wagner are producing a film about remote viewing with Major Ed Dames as an FBI "RV" instructor. The "Matrix" chick will be in the movie also, Carrie-Anne Moss (I like her). The movie is set for release in the fall of 2004.

"Suspect Zero"

BTW, gdf...yes I am very familiar with RV :cool:

#30     Oct 16, 2003