What is needed to start a small trading room?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by tt1452, Jun 15, 2003.

1. How about suite 1400?

#11     Jun 16, 2003
  2. you need a T-1 because of the service level agreements that you get, its not just about bandwidth.

#12     Jun 16, 2003
  3. FinStat

FinStat

perhaps, but a midgets torso is usually larger in proportion to its legs making for an uneven stride. however, the pig is low to the ground, has four legs, and a well developed flight instinct.

so, i hold fast the the notion that the pig is faster.

:eek:

#13     Jun 16, 2003
  4. complex

complex

i personally would be ok trading on a cable modem, even shared among 4 or 5 people, as long as it was price-appropriate and had a history of dependability. for example, my home cable modem is very reliable, going down only once in almost two years.

however, if i was going to be paying a substantial fee to join a room, i would definitely want a service with an sla. i would recommend cogent or yipes. both of these companies can give you fast reliable ethernet at 100megabits at around 1,000 a month, and 10 megabit, i would guess, might be around half that. this cost is relatively small when compared to the pcs, and the real estate, etc.

i would say 2,800 per pc, including all accesories, two 19 inch flat lcds per desk.

i know little about trading desk furniture, but i do know nice chairs are expensive.

nice things to include might be: wireless access (traders can bring in laptops), a nice leather couch in a small living room type area, you need a tv for news, soda or at least a water cooler, plants, paintings.

tt1425, where would the room be located?

complex

#14     Jun 17, 2003
  5. tt1452

tt1452

Proposed location Philadelphia

After the post by TM_Direct I called some friends in commercial real estate to inquire about the possibility of a setup already in place.

Haven't heard about anything available yet...........

#15     Jun 17, 2003
  6. Agreed, but T-1's aren;t like they use to....Goneare the 6 week delay and 1200.00 per month price tag...you can shop around and get a full T1 for around 600 per month and probably get it in 2 weeks....or better yet, get a partial t1 if your building offers it.

#16     Jun 17, 2003

7. Good man.

Pig beats the midget hands down.

If you've ever been hunting for wild boar you know what I'm talking about.

However, I've never been hunting for wild midgets, yet, so I remain open to further evidence.

Dr. Zhivodka

#17     Jun 17, 2003
  8. LOL
    very hard to hunt for midgets....they often jump out and kick you when you are not looking ...make sure you bring a stick when you hunt midgets so you can beat them off you

#18     Jun 17, 2003
  9. Just reviewed the Wizard of Oz tape. Clearly midgets avoid running even on fear of death. On the appearance of the wicked witch they all cowered on the ground - no confidence whatsoever in their own ability to run away.

I'll assume when one hunts pigs/boars they at least run!

#19     Jun 17, 2003
  10. state of the art computers and monitors.

It's very annoying to walk into a room full of computers which have crt monitors when flat panel lcd monitors are so abundant.

#20     Jun 17, 2003