What is needed to set up a pro firm?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by qll, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Why dont you just open a prop account somewhere, get leveraged (if you want) and contract out any programming you need. I dont understand what the point of what your doing is.

#11     Oct 3, 2006
  2. LOL. All figured out huh? Let us know how you'll keep a programmer who could make $250 a day trading by paying him $250 a month.

#12     Oct 3, 2006
  3. Jesus, you come to a web forum for advice on how to start a business. Why don't you do this, get some experience develop your professional acumen and then maybe you will have a fighting chance. This is a perfect example of why most traders and businesses fail. You want someone else to do your work, get a clue.

#13     Oct 3, 2006
  4. qll

qll

1. I hate leverage. TIME is my enermy in overnight position trading.
    2. I found that outsourcing is more expensive than hiring employees directly in the outsourcing country.
    3. It takes too much time to train a trader to be good. During the process, the trader may lose my capital. On the other hand, position trading programmer's picks will be reviewed before trades are entered. Very safe.

#14     Oct 3, 2006
  5. qll

qll

Most programmers cost $250-500 a month.
    New college graduates cost 250.
    Programmers with 2-3 years experience cost 500.
    If you need one, I can charge you $1000 a month.

#15     Oct 3, 2006
  6. jazzsax

jazzsax

must be in india

#16     Oct 4, 2006
  7. zdreg

zdreg

"unlimited daytrading power"
    what are you talking about?

#17     Oct 4, 2006
  8. Probably referring to the PDT rule, hence suggesting 25k/retail.

#18     Oct 4, 2006
  9. I think our collective leg is being pulled here...memories of jokes in the past.

Don :)

#19     Oct 4, 2006
  10. zdreg

zdreg

still limited to 100k buying power not unlimited. don is right you need a sense of humor nowadays.

#20     Oct 4, 2006