What is most volatile FX?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by rateesquad, May 4, 2006.

1. I just got a demo account in oanda trying to see how forex trades....any ideas which pairs are most volatile and trend the most and which curruncy do u use?????

PS which time frame do u guys use to trade ( what is avg. time position)
  2. volatility and trend do not coexist.
  3. in futures they do
  4. siki13

5. thx
  6. If you're wisely playing with Oanda demo, then XAG/USD (silver) and XAU/USD (gold) are an order of magnitude more volatile than any currency pair, while using up hardly any of your margin at entry, e.g., for the same % risk. (Between the two, silver being far more volatile than gold.) They are also capable of strong, lasting trends, as just about everyone knows by now.

Among currencies, take a close look at GBP/JPY for a while. The benefit... once you do, you'll feel that, by comparison, GBP/USD moves in sloooow motion.

You'll find many vols here.
  7. wow a great post thanx alot
  8. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Stay with the most liquid currency pairs. Liquidity is a VERY important factor.

Most Liquid in order of liquidity:

All three of these give you plenty of trading opportunities.

I trade using 30 min charts. My favorite times to trade are between 06:00 EST and 13:00EST.
  9. Do you know any good moving pairs between 4pm-10pm Eastern time?????
  10. could you also explain to me why the pip spread is so high becouse i went long on Eur/Aud and the i was down 12 pips why is some pips spread when I buy is 1.5 and some 12
    #10     May 4, 2006