What is "Jack Hershey's Method"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TorontoTrader2, Mar 26, 2007.

1. If you were being sarcastic then yes I agree

#51     Mar 27, 2007
  2. What wasn't clear about it?

TNG

#52     Mar 27, 2007
  3. What might not be clear to you MAY be clear to others....

#53     Mar 27, 2007
  4. I wont say its been an easy or quick learning process, on the contrary, I've spent many many hours learning (and still am) the intricacies of how the market Im trading operates. Working through the method in the journal has given me that necessary context and the rules and structure make it possible to understand exactly what to look for.

Yes, I am trading w/ 1 lot and the reason I say, with confidence, that I will do better than I did before is because I can see it happening daily. My numbers with 1 lot may not sound huge (+150 net, +450 net, +75 net etc) now but once I am trading 10, 20+ lots those numbers will really skyrocket. And I keep improving every day. I have no reason to believe I will get worse as I get more experienced.

Also, I would have made a ton more in stocks but unfortunately liquidity issues were too great. Usually when I knew it was time to get in, I'd only be able to grab 1000, maybe 2000 shares. Then Id catch my .20 and move on. The trade was very "capped". In futures though, those same moments where I just know it will work (90% sure, had to throw in the disclaimer :) ) with the ES I see like 400 on the offer side. I take my 1 lot and then price shoots up 1pt or whatever. The liquidity is very good and this, along with the method are why I believe I will do very well in the coming months and beyond.

As far as the 3X daily range, always in claim. I'll get to that bridge when I am ready. But for now, the baby steps I am taking is really the best approach for me.

#54     Mar 27, 2007
  5. No, it is not. It is not merely a question of profitability. It is a question of the absurd profitability claims made by Jack. I don't care if you trade profitably. So what? You seem to be overwhelmed by simple profitability. However, I do care if you can make 3 times the daily range, and average 4-7% per day. And if you claim it, then I want to see it. And if you won't show it, then don't claim it.

CAN YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE?

#55     Mar 27, 2007
  6. I wasn't being sarcastic at all.

#56     Mar 27, 2007
  7. lindq

lindq

Jack, I have to take my hat off to you for your entertaining posts all these years.

Absolutely the most fun on this site is to be had in watching "traders" (ha) get into the weeds trying to pull something out of your verbiage.

I suggest that you print out all your posts...create a completely nonsensical title to match the content...then submit the manuscript to Wiley publishers.

You'll make a fortune.

#57     Mar 27, 2007
  8. Ok, if that's your concern then you are correct, there is absolutely no way I can prove that Jack can make 3 times the high-low range of the ES each day. If that is what makes you believe or disbelieve his information is worthwhile, then I suggest you move on and stop harping on this topic.

Also, you've now laid out a rule that I guess we are all supposed to live by. I promise I won't make any claims that you may not believe, becasue personally, I have absolutely no interest in convincing you of anything.

TNG

#58     Mar 27, 2007
  9. lindq

lindq

You can't possibly take Jack seriously!?

Jack writes a wonderful parody of all the trading gurus we've come to know and love.

He sits at his screen and laughs his ass off at the responses to his posts.

And so do I.

I would just LOVE to see him as a talking head on CNBC some day, explaining his approach to technical analysis. Great fun.

#59     Mar 27, 2007
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

earn when you learn, is there anything better? :D

#60     Mar 27, 2007