What is happening to men?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nitro, Apr 3, 2009.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Kool song! thanks.

"These days there's dudes getting facials
    Manicured, waxed and botoxed
    With deep spray-on tans and creamy lotiony hands
    You can't grip a tacklebox "

#31     Apr 5, 2009
  2. Even look at day time TV, the husband is the punchline every 2 minutes, and the wife is never wrong. When opra gets fat it's like "you go girl, you don't have to live by men's standards!" And when she loses weight it's "You go girl!" It's mindless empowerment on both sides.

Of course sexes (and races) should have equal rights, but this subliminal manipulation is irritating.

#32     Apr 5, 2009
  3. I don't mean to be racist, but basically, if you want to know what the country will be like, just look at black people. The black man today is what the white average joe will be tomorrow.

Black people have been experimented on with government programs forever. They put the welfare state on them, more government programs, etc. Their illegitimate birth rate skyrocketed, marriage rates dropped, and those men don't accomplish anything[1].

When police brutality was a problem years ago, no one listened because it was a black problem. Then, now, we see cops tasering people left and right and abusing everyone. When teen pregnancy rates were a problem in black communities, it was just a black problem. Roughly a decade later, it became a white problem.

My point is -- men are going to be under the same influence, and people don't learn. This is what's going to happen to most men -- they are going to be like black males today. People are definitely gonna go to prison more, higher AIDS rates, lower educations, etc. The way blacks turned out is basically how the rest of the country will be in 20-30 years.

[1] And don't say Barack Obama is really black. He is not the descendant of slaves and he was raised by whites. Maybe the only thing he was victimized by was a lack of a father; however, there was a grandfather to make up for it.

#33     Apr 5, 2009
  4. I think in school the teacher sometimes give more attention and praise to girls because the boys can not sit still and pay attention like a girl. So they punish of boy more for something stupid like laughing or pushing thier friend, and spend more of the time with punishment for the boy, and not trying to help them.

#34     Apr 5, 2009
  5. Yep,

Those were some of the lines I was thinking of when I read your post.

JJacksET4

#35     Apr 5, 2009
  6. I just wanted to add one thing to this topic - I should have complained more at the time maybe, but I wasn't a trouble maker type, etc.

Anyways, in college (this was a small state technical college), I had a female English teacher who would go on mini rants about how women were viewed as less then men - she would say things like "How come when boys tease each other, it's always an insult when they compare a boy to a girl - for example, boys will say 'you're as weak as a girl' to another boy". She would say that all boys were raised as sexists due to our society.

Well, I'm not sure what that had to do with the English course, etc. and if a male teacher had had rants against women and girls, I know how that would have went over with administrators, etc.

Also, girls might very well tease other girls with comments like "you smell like a boy" or something like that - does that mean all little girls are sexist?

This teacher was overweight by quite a bit and it wouldn't surprise me if that's where some of her anger came from. As far as I know, no one complained about her rants - again if I could go back in time, I wish I had a recorder and I would have recorded it and brought it up to the administrators at the school.

JJacksET4

#36     Apr 5, 2009
  7. jem

jem

I've got 3 boys 9 and under and we have been observing and speaking with teachers.

The real problem is that instead of having a fast track a mid track and a remedial track.

Schools are grouping all the kids in one class. The classes are being taught and controlled to engage the dumber kids - otherwise they will be too disruptive.

The smart boys are being bored to tears and left unchallenged by the academics.

There are many many teachers who are aware of this problem - but they can't speak up because the administrations are frequently pc loving dopes.

talented boys are being destoyed by choices being made in our school systems.

When everyone's self esteem is the goal of the educational system - the potential high performers are crushed back down to the mean.

It is very destructive to future but no one wants to hear about it.

We are allowing a bunch of losers with loser policies run our schools.

We need to go back to competition. Kids particularly boys need to be encouraged and supported in quests to outperform. Then when they do we need to have the resources in place to support their achievements.

Schools can be a horrible place for smart energetic boys rights now. The are being inculcated with group think values and sitting in class with almost nothing to do all day long.

When your boys can read and do math a grade or two up and the teacher is spending three quarters of the day teaching below grade concepts ...

pretty soon the alec baldwin and the hulu.com guys are going to take over. Because that is how our schools are rolling.

#37     Apr 5, 2009
  8. Stosh

Stosh

The further removed we are from the necessity of hunting, fishing, harvesting, and fighting wars of survival, then men will have to shift their skills to some degree. Also, as women aren't as necessary for sewing, doing laundry, cooking, etc. they are able to shift into new skillsets. Of course, this change may not be permanent and men may have to pick up their plowshares and guns again someday.......I hope not. I prefer golf clubs. Stosh

#38     Apr 5, 2009
  9. <cite>Testosterone-soaked trading desks ain't what they used to be, post-credit-crunch.</cite>

My trading desk is OOZING with testoterone.

In fact, if Keif Olberman or Chwissy Mathews sat behind my desk for a day it would put some hair on their chest, of course it would not solve their real problem, they cannot grow back what they don't got no more.

#39     Apr 5, 2009
  10. The dumber the school system, the more people are going to swallow the shit from politicians and Wall Street, don't expect it to get any better. Better to educate your kids when they get home.

#40     Apr 5, 2009