What is happening to men?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nitro, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Government is more able to "manipulate" hiring in those kinds of jobs, not so with more competitive fields. :cool:

#11     Apr 3, 2009
  2. Did you visit Smith or Wellesley?:cool:

#12     Apr 3, 2009
  3. Nope, just normal colleges. This 60/40 is typical in state universities, private colleges, etc.

#13     Apr 3, 2009
  4. Eight

Eight

Women have been crying "Oh, help us, we don't get paid as much as men" while they have been taking over the management jobs because they work cheaper. More than half of corporate management jobs are held by women. Guess who decides who gets laid off??

Actually, probably the men are more in the construction game and that is as dead as it could get currently...

#14     Apr 3, 2009
  5. 1) Ideally, it'll be easier for the men to have girlfriend(s)/1-night stands at school.
    2) The "excess" number of women may have to do with immigration of hispanic, oriental and east indian women. Those men may prefer to remain in their home country where patriarchal attitudes are more entrenched. :cool:

#15     Apr 3, 2009
  6. Not that I saw. The colleges we looked at appears to be fairly "white bread" as far as I could tell.

#16     Apr 3, 2009
  7. dammit, where was this disparity when i was in school...:confused:

#17     Apr 3, 2009
  8. Humpy

Humpy

women are having a field day blaming men.

The Madoff, Enron crooks etc. are mostly men
    Bush, Clinton etc. top people screwing up - again men
    Most of the criminals in jail - men
    Shooting massacres - men

surprised Hilary didn't win the Presidency - maybe next time

They will be wanting sex maniacs castrated next ! - no shortage of jailbirds singing treble then in the prison choir !

or taking away of men's dangerous toys ( like guns )- a serious situation fellas - no doubt about it
    :(

#18     Apr 3, 2009
  9. You could have been a "pioneer" at Smith or Wellesley! :cool:

#19     Apr 3, 2009
  10. Did you look at schools in rural and conservative areas or urban and liberal areas too?

#20     Apr 3, 2009