What is going on with Platinum?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Jake777, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Jake777

Jake777

Anyone know what is going on with platinum?

also, can someone recommend a broker for trading commodities? I solely trade equities and index futures (have been for years), and I would like to know more about trading commodities. Maybe there's a good book to read?

thanks

Jake

2. All the industrial metals went up today - not just Platinum. Industrial demand is the short answer to your question.

You might try Lind-Waldock for a broker, if for no other reason than to be able to access their Global Reserch web site - doesn't get much better than that. Their commissions are not the cheapest around, but starting out that shouldn't be your primary concern.

As for books, there's stacks of them. A good one to start, IMHO, is "Winner Take All".

Hope this helps. - rcm

3. before you start trading platinum

try using a broker that offers mini gold / silver trading with low

commissions ( say $3-5 RT ) and test your skills small first

good luck

4. Jake777

Jake777

Thanks

I only know equities, so I definitely plan on trading small, if at all in the beginning.

Jake

5. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

Jake we would be glad to show you E-mini gold and Silver on our system. The best way to trade is to trade electronically for all commodity markets.

6. roncer

roncer

Can anyone recommend a service where you can buy and sell silver bars and where they also store your metal? I am looking for a good dealer that also offers reasonable rates.

Ron

7. Banjo

Banjo

8. roncer

roncer

Thanks Banjo,

I find their comission for a buy and sell of 1000 oz totals about 6 1/2%. I was hoping to find a lower rate but maybe that is the going rate?? I have been a futures trader for awhile and this is a new one for me.

Comments appreciated.

9. Banjo

Banjo

I haven't personally purchased metals for about four years so don't know what's going on in the biz now. I do know kitco is reputable and fair to deal with. Here are a couple of others.
    http://www.ajpm.com/

http://www.grendon.com.au/