What is driving oil prices so high?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Oct 17, 2007.

1. sendpen

sendpen

Demand

#11     Oct 17, 2007
  2. It has nothing to do with greed. It's supply and demand and the value of the USD going down like a cheap whore.

Our refining capacity has not increased with the demand combined with the value of the dollar has led to high oil prices.

#12     Oct 17, 2007
  3. ...no real fun.

#13     Oct 17, 2007
  4. Cutten

Cutten

A bull market

#14     Oct 17, 2007
  5. bluud

bluud

"What is driving oil prices so high?"

Iran looking for money to bribe China (just like they bribed that gay ass bitch (putin)) ... how they do it ... Iran funds PKK and so have them attack Turkey so Turkey can go into Iraq ...

Oh this might turn into something fun ... maybe we can have iran, iraq and turkey all in one big cluster war ... we can have saudi arabia fund iraq and support them in killing iranians ... maybe if we are smart enough we can get russia involved and fucked too ... :D

#15     Oct 17, 2007
  6. Who's the we here?
    I hope you are not thinking the USA has any of the weight left, needed to influence such global movements. The world has grown a lot bigger in the last few years pal, and the US is only one of the big countries now, not like it used to be. You get that when you chose a monkey as your president. The fact that his puppeteer is a megalomaniac dictator doesn't help either.

The problem here is that your realpolitik is actually a good idea, the problem is that you yanks will f**k this up grandiosely as usual, so we might end with ww3 on our hands. Guess where oil will be then, and your worthless dollar.

Ursa..

#16     Oct 17, 2007
  7. bluud

bluud

Ya i know you are right i don't think we can pull that one off ... but just saying it would be great if we could ... I think a WW3 would be a good idea ... as long as it does not involve the states ... we could then split the countries the way we want to ... we can create a new country called Kurdistan ... [​IMG]

... Istanbul can be a country for itself ... Ankara will rule only over central turkey ... since turkey won't exist northern cyprus will be another country ... iraq will be split too ... at least have the sunni in separate country than the shita ... northern iran can turn into Azerbaijan II ... southern iran which is made up of mainly arabs will be turned into a country similar to UAE ... central iran which is made up of the Fars (same as afghans, Pars don't exist anymore, they were raped by the arabs and so Fars = Pars + Arabs + Paks & shit like that) ... since they will loose control of all oil ... they will become our bitches ... they will constantly reproduce and keep the region unstable at all times ...

#17     Oct 17, 2007
  8. You sir should be shot.

#18     Oct 17, 2007
  9. fwi, overheard.

Oil from Alaska is going to Japan.

More (liquid) natural gas is being imported from Trinidad (there was another country, name escapes me). Previously, importing ng was expensive but as the cost of oil rising it is becoming competitive to import.

We have plenty of coal but it is dirty.

Govt won't let cos drill for oil in US but cos are trying to drill for ng, Reason for this, no one wants oil spills, with ng is blows off into the atmosphere.

Ethanol uses enormous amount of energy to produce, producers are going to use ng, so pols can say we are cutting oil consumption.

#19     Oct 17, 2007
  10. High?

$87 will look dirt cheap five years from now.

#20     Oct 17, 2007