What is a secret?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by RainMaker3000, May 17, 2020.

1. A secret is something you only know, no one else. If more than one person knows that information, it is no longer a secret. Some of you think you have a secret or are in a secret society when the fact is you're actually in the occult.

HenryAvery, Elly9 and Axon like this.
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You saying that if I know the exact date, time and second of your death. I then not tell anyone...not even you...its my secret.

Therefore, if I share it with your friends and loved ones or even with you...we're in some sort of an occult ?

wrbtrader

schizo likes this.
  3. easymon1

easymon1

little clarification please...pick one?
    -
    occult noun
    : matters regarded as involving the action or influence of supernatural or supernormal powers or some secret knowledge of them

cult
    1 : ... body of adherents

2 : devotion to - a person, idea, object, movement, or work

3 : a system of - religious beliefs and ritual also : its body of adherents the cult of Apollo

5 : a system for - the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator health cults

-
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/occult
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cult?src=search-dict-hed

4. Yes, because my murderer would only know that...

5. Freedom was invented so evildoers in this world could freely steal and murder, most of you practice the occult when you use something that you know about that another person without their knowledge to take advantage of them.

Axon likes this.
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

If a wife is banging the neighbor, it’s a secret from the husband. No?

7. gaussian

gaussian

What am I even reading.

beginner66 and Lou Friedman like this.
  8. easymon1

easymon1

yo, waterlog,
    what's dif between cult and occult? Your terms are loose as a goose. Your conclusions are suspect as well.

9. never2old

never2old

false assumption, prove it

are you a believer?

how do you know this ... provide the proof

why do you think others have secrets or are in a secret society or occult ... what makes you think this way?

10. easymon1

easymon1