What is a market?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NoMoreOptions, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Image you are a market. You know enough, not necessarily everything, but enough for having no fear what ever happens. You claim you are the guardian of the market and have unlimited backup. Now an outsider comes in , buys, and sells in your market. You do business with him or her. Now more outsiders come in, you fluctuate the price to make buyers buy expensive and sellers sell cheap. To track more outsiders, you let dealers to do the job for you. Meanwhile you dress your business as attractive as possible so more outsiders will do business with you. This is usually by doing the job on yourself when things are slow. So more price fluctuation. Track more outsiders. You love gamblers. Now remember the dealers. They also do their jobs to track more outsiders in ads, news, commentary, and even Internet sites like ET. You bet. There are more representatives from marker makers and brokers on ET than real ET users. Same time more involvment from tax man, accountant, data/software vendors etc. etc.. The goal is like everywhere else, the customers should be made feel comfortable.

This is a market.

2. vega

vega

Do you ever make sense ???????????

There's 20000 people here, and I don't think anyone understands you.

Vega:D

3. VOLUME

VOLUME

NoMoreOptions

I was thinking the same exact thing. Great post..and keep them coming. :D

4. pspr

pspr

You are a market. You are HUGE! :D

5. That would be when there are at least two and one of the two has something that the other one wants.

6. vega

vega

Might as well shut down the exchanges boys, he's on to us.

Vega:D

Sometimes I wished he wouldn't post anymore, but then he comes up with something even more outrageous, and the laughter is well worth it.

7. yeah... looks like "nomoreoptions" has finally found the edge... and he's gone OVER IT ! :p :p :p

:eek:!!!!

ICe
    :cool:

8. abogdan

abogdan

Image you are NoMoreOptions . You know enough, not necessarily everything, but enough for having no fear what ever happens. You claim you are the guardian of the market and have unlimited backup. Now an outsider comes in , buys, and sells in your market. You do business with him or her. Now more outsiders come in, you fluctuate the price to make buyers buy expensive and sellers sell cheap. To track more outsiders, you let dealers to do the job for you. Meanwhile you dress your business as attractive as possible so more outsiders will do business with you. This is usually by doing the job on yourself when things are slow. So more price fluctuation. Track more outsiders. You love gamblers. Now remember the dealers. They also do their jobs to track more outsiders in ads, news, commentary, and even Internet sites like ET. You bet. There are more NoMoreOptions on ET than real ET users. Same time more involvement from tax man, accountant, data/software vendors etc. etc.. The goal is like everywhere else, NoMoreOptions should feel comfortable.

This is NoMoreOptions .

9. Mecro

Mecro

I'm extremely confused, please help :confused: :confused: :confused:

I thought it was just about money.

10. pspr

pspr

NoMoreOptions, we need to be enlightened as you are. We just blow with the wind but seek the enlightenment of your power. Can you tell us what drugs you take to reach this state? :D

#10     Mar 9, 2004