What Is A Fair Per Contract Option Rate???????

Discussion in 'Options' started by mango1973, Sep 4, 2002.

1. mango1973

mango1973 Guest

I trade 200 equity contracts a day, and I pay 85 cents per contract, is that fair? Is there lower pricing out there??

Thanks

2. Yes; but probably not @ that volume.

3. I'd say that anything under $1 is pretty good for a retail trader from the ads I have seen.

4. Who do you trade with? Is there a ticket charge?

5. Pabst

Pabst

IMO. free would be an appropriate commission, And I think some day that's what it will be. Compared to the liquidity in other derivatives, options have become "dealer" like. I'm sure metooxx will disagree with me, but when I as a spec want in or out, it galls me to know, that I'd rather be the MM who's taking the other side of me. That's fair, he has a place to lay it off, I don't, but I don't feel as if I should have to pay for the privilege!

6. I know how to get free execution, but I haven't figured out how to clear for free ...

7. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Didn't you say in another thread that you only trade OTC stocks?

--------
    I pay .0075 or 7.5/10's of a penny per share, and I only trade OTC stocks. Anyone have any comments as to how competitive that is?

Thanks
    --------
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=8542

So you are a firm that gives you great OTC and option rates? Would you mind mentioning which firm this is?