What indicators do you use and why?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by acerbits, Aug 1, 2007.

1. I use bollinger bands, CCI, Stochastics, and OBV.

BB is to help me spot major moves, Stochastics for measuring current buying/selling power, and OBV for spoting divergence in money flows, Don't know why I use CCI, it just helps. Tried using MACD and found it pretty lagged n useless.

2. I am under the impression that the TA you use depends on your investing / trading time line.

3. to acerbits...what settings do you use on the BB, CCI, STOCH and OBV...and what time period chart do you trade off of...thanks...interesting post!

4. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

Buffy's B-Line is all you need pal.

5. look forward to this reply...thanks!!

6. xiaodre

xiaodre

Hear hear on Buffy's bline!

7. Are you using anything else besides indicators to help with your trade decisions???

Mark

8. I use all default settings for indicators, for stochastics I use 14,3,3. I trade mostly from 5 minutes charts but also keep a 15 minute chart up to see the longer term trend. I use indicators to help me get an idea of whats going on, but I will always put price action ahead of indicators. I like entering when a market breaks out of it's intraday range, also I like triangles allot.

9. Price and volume. Nothing else matters.

10. I have charts of indicators I've developed or bought, which display nothing beyond the indicator value; no spot price or volume. I am not terribly fond of most TA-tools, but I chart the 15m, daily and weekly for equity; 4h, daily and weekly for FX.

#10     Aug 1, 2007
    Adam777 likes this.