what if your gf can't control her weight?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by blackjack007, Feb 16, 2008.

1. As a teenager, one of my best friends mom was grossly over weight as in she could around 260lbs at 5'6.

I never said anything about it.

However, one day he was showing me baby pictures of him and his siblings (there's 5 kids)...

Along with family pictures of close relatives.

I saw this gorgeous slender woman with a surf board standing next to what looked like his dad with a surf board at some beach.

You can even see her checker board stomach muscles as if she was heavy into sports or fitness.

I asked who was that...

He said that was his mom.

My point...if you are that concern about your girlfriends appearance....

Finding someone that's in shape or maintains her weight now may not be the best indication of how she will look in the future.

With that said, someone once told me to look at the mothers of your girlfriends for a better indication of the future :D

Mark

#21     Feb 18, 2008
  2. Definitely a leading indicator, but personal choices can make the difference.

One thing I've found to be almost a sure thing is, no matter what a person looks like in their 20's, if they don't incorporate regular exercise into their weekly routine, they will go down hill significantly by their 40's.

#22     Feb 18, 2008
  3. With that said, someone once told me to look at the mothers of your girlfriends for a better indication of the future.

the converse is also as true

#23     Feb 18, 2008
  4. You're not shallow

And forget what the other posters say about her being 5'5 and 120 being 'ok'

If you think she weighs too much, then she weighs too much. Personally, I only accept super-skinny girls. If she is 120 lbs, she better be at least 5'8

Now, how do you look and dress? If you are GQ (which I bet you probably are) then all you have to do is remind her of your high standards in girls and remind her what type of girl you like. She'll see that you are in top physical condition and thus won't accept anything less than a girl who is in top physical shape as well.

If all else fails - easy, just NEXT her - which you did - smart move

With any situation, always FLIP it. Would a girl put up with a guy who made a fortune (= girl being skinny) and then was losing it slowly due to his gambling addiction (= girl getting fat)?

#24     Feb 18, 2008
  5. LT701

LT701

tel her you cant pop a chubby, if it means you'll pop a chubby

#25     Feb 18, 2008
  6. yeah she knew the type of girl i liked. i mentioned it a few times.

i do dress well and work out a few hours per week, so i wasn't being unreasonable by asking her to put some effort into maintaining her weight. she admitted she likes guys who are fit and take care of themselves, but when i pressed her about why she won't do the same she gave the politically correct answer of "i want a guy who doesn't care how i look". talk about living in fantasy land.

i suspect she'll wise up when she reaches 130# and notices the number of suitors declines.

#26     Feb 19, 2008