What if you won the lottery?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by farmerjohn1324, Jan 5, 2020.

1. %% Pray she quits before she losses 90%or 95% of that 100!! I asked a lotto player , one time in the gas line ''ever won anything ??He says '''NO but i came close ''LOL-LOL:D:D:D,:D:D:D:D :D:D:caution::caution:

#51     Jan 6, 2020
  2. She blew waaayyy past that $100 long ago. (That $100 was like giving a junkie a "taste" of heroin.)

A guy I used to play tennis with years ago hit 5 of 6 in the state lotto... I'd call that "close".

#52     Jan 6, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Sig

Sig

It's interesting where on Maslows Hierarchy everyone here seems to be; somewhere between physiological and esteem. The great thing about having anything above what you need to comfortably retire is what you can do to make whatever corner of the world you care about a better place.

#53     Jan 6, 2020
  4. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

Yeah, I kinda pulled the 99% figure out my ass based on my feelz and not realz. :p

#54     Jan 6, 2020
  5. Sounds like me when I put $100,000 of fake money into a currency trade and "win" big.

Makes me think I could do it for real. But I'm beginning to realize this isn't the case. The markets are too unpredictable.

#55     Jan 6, 2020
  6. notagain

notagain

Wait, you want to keep working no matter how rich you are? Ok buy stocks like Buffet and Soros.

#56     Jan 6, 2020
  7. $200 million, I probably would not trade any more. Maybe I trade with $30K, but I am not back testing anything.

#57     Jan 6, 2020
    taowave likes this.
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Sounds like you don't understand a joke.

#58     Jan 6, 2020
  9. I definitely wouldn’t quit trading, if anything I’d throw a mil or two in my trading account just to make things spicy. I’d put maybe 10% of it in a bond or preferred stock fund. The majority I’d invest in income yielding real estate such as mobile home parks and apartments. I’d put a few mil aside to play around flipping houses and keep an emergency fund of around 5M in a money market.

#59     Jan 6, 2020
    Overnight likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Exactly!

#60     Jan 6, 2020