What if you won the lottery?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by farmerjohn1324, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

No, that wasn't the point. What is the difference between 200MM and 1 B? pretty much nothing. I think OP asked what would you do with it. If not, my bad.

Edit: I see you are the OP, then you are an idiot. Why would you try to grow 200 MM when chances of losing it is way bigger and even if you do grow it, it won't affect your lifestyle???

Mark Cuban actually lost money since he sold broadcast.com for 7 B. Had he left that money in the bank he would be better off, not to mention his time better used.

#41     Jan 6, 2020
  2. %%
    LOL, O night;
    :D:D 99 million mac + cheese.Bonds can be the worlds wor$t buy.The bondsellers/underwriters may make money. I would consider some tax free insured muni bonds, not Chicago , but maybe some. LOL. Cash is king, the local bank likes it also ...........................................................................................................................[ANY kind of retirement /lazy couch potatoe is bad for one's heath] And like Dave Ramsey Solutions says '' a lotto is a stupid tax on people that cant do math''

#42     Jan 6, 2020
  3. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

I don't think the lotto is a stupid tax on people that can't do math. People know the odds, but there is a sort of high people get when they buy a lottery ticket that they get addicted to. The lotto is more like a drug for people that get addicted easy.

Try the opposite on people that don't play the lotto. Like if I walked up to someone and said "Lets bet your yearly salary on the flip of a coin. If you win, I'll pay you 3x." Now everyone should take that bet because it's mathematically a great bet, but I promise you none of those "smart" non-lotto players that can do math would take it.

In otherwords 99.9% of the population do things based on emotion, not on math.

#43     Jan 6, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I forgot to answer the question, but I think it is obvious:

I would just buy more lottery tickets.

#44     Jan 6, 2020
  5. You're still betting either up or down. And you don't know the future. Even if you guess right and think you're a genius, maybe was just a false positive.

#45     Jan 6, 2020
  6. Sounds like you have no idea how to invest.

#46     Jan 6, 2020
  7. %%
    Ok AmR;
    your reasons make the problem even worse. You say people know the odds + its an addiction.[I agree partly , but i dont think anywhere near 99% of lotto loser know the odd] ; + no wonder, the ''news'' or ads seldom disclose that.........................................................................Most likely right on 99%/100% of lotto losers do it on emotion .Thanks

#47     Jan 6, 2020
  8. You would buy $200 million of gold? You also seem clueless.

This was a good question because despite the fact that many of you are trying to insult me, you are revealing that you just want to play games and would stop "working" as soon as the opportunity provided itself.

#48     Jan 6, 2020
  9. So you unwisely swing for the fences out of desperation?

#49     Jan 6, 2020
  10. Wifey once hit 3-numbers for $100. She's been a "lotto junkie" ever since. Sad. :(

#50     Jan 6, 2020