What If You Lose A Fortune?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sub0, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

I can't think of one REPUTABLE prop firm that gives 100 to 1 overnight or intra-day leverage. I would not feel safe have any capital there.

#11     Feb 4, 2006
  2. bdon

bdon

every prop operates at somewhere between 75 and 100 to 1 intraday. Thats why you have to get licensed. depending on your track record most places do not let you put up your whole BP to one side (long or short), but theres plenty of exceptions. overnights are a different story. between 4 and 10 to 1.

#12     Feb 4, 2006
  3. Actually, you're wrong about Swift. If you leave Swift with any losses they will simply deduct what you "owe" from your last pay cheque or will simply keep all of it. If that isn't sufficient they may come after you in court.

Which raises the interesting question of whether they would sue you in Canada or in Cypress where they are incorporated?

#13     Feb 4, 2006
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

This is total BS. I have worked at Worldco, Assent, Echo, etc and this is 100% false. No firm in the world would subject themselves to a stock halt mid day that would blow out the firm. I can't tell you how many halts I have seen in my day where stocks gap down 10 to 50 pts. The reason FX shops give you that leverage is because there are no halts in the FX market. I would love to hear you name ONE firm that provides 100 to 1 leverage on equities that is not part of some arbitrage strategy that involves limited risk.

#14     Feb 4, 2006
  5. bdon

bdon

how do you have 4000 posts and not know what prop firm leverage is?

#15     Feb 4, 2006
  6. I would also love to hear about prop shops that give you 100:1 with only putting down $5,000.

#16     Feb 4, 2006
  7. Gotta say, Maverick is right on the button here. I agree.

Steve

#17     Feb 4, 2006
  8. But if one trades Retail Spot Forex and does not use the leverage, but needs the capital to increase his income, would that be wrong?

I am not on crack or talking satire here, this is an honest query.

Michael B.

#18     Feb 4, 2006
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

How can you not use the leverage but need the capital?

#19     Feb 4, 2006
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Just name the firm that let's you do this. I know they don't exist. Not a reputable one at least. Not with 5k. You are out of your mind. Think about what you are saying. Ask Don Bright how many shares he will let you trade with 5k. Ask him. LOL.

#20     Feb 4, 2006