What if we become a neutral country? Like Switzerland

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, Nov 16, 2009.

1. We should not try to help poorer nations when we have poverty on our soil. I would rather see a isolationist/neutral Take care of our own folks policy.

#11     Nov 16, 2009
  2. Ricter

Ricter

What about those countries' neighbors, would they always allow that oil (one among over four dozen other key resources) to enter our economy if it were expedient for them to control it for their own purposes? Consider Russia's recent moves on natural gas.

You may be right re our war with Islamic extremism, IF their only gripe with us is the presence of our troops on their holy soil. My gut tells me they're motivated by a bit more than that, but I do not know.

I submit that history has not "stopped", that powerful men and nations still wage war against the less powerful for resources and territory, and that they will continue to do so. Free and open markets are maintained by force. Enjoy this time while we are still comparatively powerful.

#12     Nov 16, 2009
  3. Other countries ask for our help.

If you began with simple injustices ie human rights, the goal is to make the "west" (US) aware via the free press, then money, then military. It's just a progression, from medicine, tech, food, whatever, everyone has their hand out till eventually "help" has a military face.

For example, there's a thread "Does the US do enough to combat world hunger". Will the donuts and Robitussin reach the civilians, not hardly, without the help of the US military.

#13     Nov 16, 2009
  4. Do you really think Russia would stop selling oil etc..

This is why they are so rich now. Selling this stuff. To not sell it to the US is counterproductive.

#14     Nov 16, 2009
  5. loik

loik

What about trade, i.e. conflicts could hamper trade etc?

#15     Nov 16, 2009
  6. Wow looks like everyone is drinking the cool aid.

As long as the Jewish population hold the purse strings we will be perpetually involved in affairs that should not be our business.

If the United States pulled out of world affairs it would force other countries to start spending on their own Military which would put us on an even ground in terms of the world economy.

Trillions we spend protecting other countries means they do not have to spend it on protection and can use it to subsidize industry and take our jobs away.

#16     Nov 16, 2009
  7. We tried that in the 30's. Gave us WW2.

#17     Nov 16, 2009
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Good point.

#18     Nov 16, 2009
  9. Exactly. Perhaps the USA should just have let Hitler and the boys in Europe "sort it out themselves".

#19     Nov 16, 2009
  10. The usa was the only country that hitler ever declared war on. Saw it the other night on the history channel. He didn't bother with the others that he invaded.

#20     Nov 16, 2009