What if we become a neutral country? Like Switzerland

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, Nov 16, 2009.

1. And pull out all our soldiers around the world, and take no position in world politics. Only worry about protecting our land.

Let the other side of the world sort it out. wont that save billions a year?

2. Of course. There have been times in our history when we've practiced "isolationism".

Estimated deficit reduction of $1 TRILLION/year if we pulled our troops out of everywhere and brought them home to defend USA borders, as required.

3. That is a huge savings. Why is it that neither Democrats or Republicans push for this

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Why would they, congress is not serving it's constituents or the nation. And thanks to a dumbed down electorate they're going to get re elected anyway, no matter what they do.

5. Ricter

Ricter

The deterioration of our standard of living under that foreign policy would make the current deterioration feel like good times.

6. Why? Why would it be bad.

7. Ricter

Ricter

1) Protection of and access to key resources that are insufficiently present on our own soil.

2) We'd be waging our war with Islam largely on our own soil.
    Edit: our war with Islamic extremism.

8. I doubt it. Islam would no longer care about us once we step out of being global cops and let everyone sort it out on the other side (Israel would probably get invaded)

We buy resources, just like we buy oil. Countries would still sell us oil etc..

I think all this fear mongering is propaganda from the Military industrial complex and Israel as well.

9. I'd argue that there wouldn't be a war with Islam if we were sticking to our own borders and not trying to meddle everywhere else. Not supporting Israel, etc.

10. Ivanovich:I'd argue that there wouldn't be a war with Islam if we were sticking to our own borders and not trying to meddle everywhere else. Not supporting Israel, etc.

If we had done that and try to help poorer nations we would have been the most loved nation in the world. That is the real answer to foreign policy.

#10     Nov 16, 2009