What if the US defaults on its debt?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by noob_trad3r, Dec 11, 2009.

1. If it does indeed happen, US will not be able to support its military anymore.

The world will be in great chaos. Riots will happen. Everything will be like in Mad Max.

No country is safe. All currencies goes down.

#11     Dec 11, 2009
  2. Also a one world currency is the worst idea ever if u are a US citizen, how the f*** could that possibly favor or even be fair to an American.

The best solution IMO would be to implement much more stringent reserves on money center banks and get rid of mark to market acctng for illiquid derivatives or any asset that can not be dumped in an open market (no exchange). And most importantly, begin shutting down worthless govt agencies (SEC, designed to prevent can't do it is wortless) and liquidating their assets for cash, this also includes the financial black hole GM. Also quit foreign aid spending for all but our military allies.

#12     Dec 11, 2009
  3. Oh and STOP SPENDING no new costs for the federal govt.

#13     Dec 11, 2009
  4. Iraq (one of the largest armies in the world at the time of the Gulf War) found out the definition of "technical superiority" It isn't size, its precision-launched firepower.

I believe at one time, I read that the M1A1 abrams tank, could hit its target with over 90% accuracy, while moving at a high rate of speed.

And how in the world would China SUPPLY an invasion force to the US? Home turf is an overwhelming advantage...

And who would buy their plastic toys?

#14     Dec 11, 2009
  5. I think that there are a few countries in the middle East and Africa where chaos and riots may occur until someone gains control. But, as a whole, I think that our superior attitude that we have to police the world is ridiculous. It has bankrupted our country and has created worldwide hatred toward Americans. All I want is for our military to protect the US borders and ensure our own safety so that we can become a great and prosperous country again.

#15     Dec 11, 2009
  6. China would have to invent some kind of star trek-like cloaking technology before they could invade the US. We got 3k miles of ocean on both sides of us. Not hard to see them coming and very easy to knock their little ships and planes down when they are in the water without any civilian casualties to worry about. The US on the other hand has military bases everywhere near china. Would be very easy for us to invade them.

#16     Dec 11, 2009
  7. clacy

clacy

Surely you're joking...........

Maybe in 50 years, China will possess a superior military, but even then the logistics of it aren't in their favor.

Hopefully by then, their standard of living will be high enough, that war with the US wouldn't be attractive to anyone in that country.

#17     Dec 11, 2009
  8. Managing billions Chinese is unimaginable task.

Possible outcome is USD debasement, and taxation increasing, Slowly.

#18     Dec 11, 2009
  9. sumfuka

sumfuka

China would never invade the US, it would be a nuclear holocaust on both sides. High Tech weaponry would be useless, since there wont be any satellites to guide them anyway.

However, if US does default on its debt to China. They would probably invade Taiwan and if US attempts to protect Taiwan, China would immediately dump all their US Treasuries regardless of their "value". Once that happens every country would dump their US Treasuries.

Poor Ben, by that time he would probably have to open up a Fed Bank in every state. The more money printers you have, the faster you can print money.:D

#19     Dec 11, 2009
  10. pitz

pitz

What happens to Taiwan and South Korea if the US is unable to pay its soldiers and provide assistance to those countries?

Israel??

#20     Dec 11, 2009