What if Steve Jobs dies? What will happen to Apple?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Looks like Apple is breaking down out of its range. Jobs keeps getting sicker. I guess when the announcement is released then it will tank down 20 points and then meander to the downside for the next few years.

I went by a few of their stores and its completely empty as if this was just another fad.

#31     Mar 6, 2009
  2. And you sir, just like most people are sheep. Sad but true. Which is why 90% of investors/traders lose money.

Steve Jobs is not aapl. He is a figure head. While he does sign off on 90% of what goes on, he isn't the mastermind of it.
    Do you know that Bill Gates no longer runs MSFT? You do know that right? Or are you under the belief that even now, Bill ISSSS MICROSOFFTTT!!! He created is yes, and ran it for a very long time, but not anymore.

APPL is fine now and will be fine long after anything may/may not happen with Steve Jobs. The smart money knows that sheep like you think like that which is why the stock trades like it does. Open your eyes. Or continue to get ass raped.

#32     Mar 6, 2009
  3. I'm not as worried about the Jobs issue as I am that AAPL is vulnerable to having their products commoditized. The price of Apple products is still overly inflated for what you get IMHO.

The industries they are in evolve rapidly, at one time Palm was considered unstoppable

#33     Mar 6, 2009
  4. so much money and u have to die. how sad. let this be a lesson to us all

#34     Mar 6, 2009

5. While that may be true, understand one simple thing. Products are only as expensive as people are willing to pay for them. If they cost $300 for a music player and people have no problem paying it, then AAPL is going to keep the price there.

#35     Mar 6, 2009
  6. what will happen is, he'll say 'OH FUCK, I CANT TAKE IT WITH ME', then his funeral music will be played from an ipod

#36     Mar 6, 2009
  7. how about a casket that looks like an ipod?

#37     Mar 6, 2009
  8. I have opened up another short in Apple today. The reality is that Apple has been propped up by the recent enthusiasm and bullishness, but Steve Jobs is still continuing his journey down the road of illness.

I feel sorry for Steve, but I must protect myself by shorting the common. Its the only position that can be taken in Apple in light of the circumstances.

#38     Mar 20, 2009
  9. 120 soon

#39     Mar 20, 2009